Contribute
Register

Mojave AppleHDA Audio

Hi toleda, please help me with the audio problem - I have no audio device in sound preferences
I followed your AppleALC guide:
ALC892 - Mojave updated from High Sierra (but I was not dealing with sound - no fix was tried, used)
Mojave 10.14.1/ 6 series MB - dh61ag / i7 3770S / HD4000 GPU, nvidia GTX750 (not using because of lack of webdriver) / No DSDT.aml
AppleALC guide:
  • used vanilla AppleHDA from my wifes mojave mac
  • installed latest lilu, AppleALC kexts to 10.14 folder
  • set layout for ALC892 - 1,2,7 (nothing worked)
  • rebuilt cache
  • restart few times / cold boot
No device in input/output. No device in System information/harware/audio

Please see my files
Thank you

Attachments

• files.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 82
Hi all, and in particular to Toleda for his extraordinary work and patience.

In info.plist I was unable to find ALC1220 (z370 aorus ultra gaming).
Any ideas to solve the wake issue (no audio after wake up) and using different kext (I used VoodooHDA.kext that works but dont work after the wake up).
Im using a 5$ USB adapter... perfect for my purpose but is not the batter way... and I would try be able to use the original realteck alc1220).

Thx in Advance

Last edited:
Hi toleda, please help me with the audio problem - I have no audio device in sound preferences
I followed your AppleALC guide:
ALC892 - Mojave updated from High Sierra (but I was not dealing with sound - no fix was tried, used)
Mojave 10.14.1/ 6 series MB - dh61ag / i7 3770S / HD4000 GPU, nvidia GTX750 (not using because of lack of webdriver) / No DSDT.aml
AppleALC guide:
  • used vanilla AppleHDA from my wifes mojave mac
  • installed latest lilu, AppleALC kexts to 10.14 folder
  • set layout for ALC892 - 1,2,7 (nothing worked)
  • rebuilt cache
  • restart few times / cold boot
No device in input/output. No device in System information/harware/audio

Please see my files
Thank you

>>>>>
Me too. After moved to Mojave 10.14.1, I have found that "No device in input/output. No device in System information/hardware/audio" though it was worked fine at the timeframe of the Mojave 10.14.0.

I have done several modification/customization for coming back the AppleHDA of my motherboard HD audio ( 1150), BUT BUT never it has come back to me.Therefore, I have accepted the fact that Apple has dropped out the audio support of Intel 100 series ( Z170 ).

So, I have decide to have the alternative way to get back the sound output on My Hacintosh system.
That is to utilize the Displayport - sound output ( ex. RX580) , and have the airplay route ( ex. Raspberry Pi2 + HiFi-digital sound card ) from Hacintosh to the sound pre_amp.

For your reference, I attach a photo below.

Attachments

• Display Port of RX580 is active NOW  2018-11-07 at 12.41.15.png
    Display Port of RX580 is active NOW 2018-11-07 at 12.41.15.png
    44 KB · Views: 99
Back