Contribute
Register

Mojave App Store Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd recommend you just upgrade to catalina honestly.....
@loghound did you have issues withe the Catalina install process? I'm finding keyboard and mouse aren't working once I get into the Catalina installer. Using @CaseySJ mini guide for Catalina install, and all his EFI files from that post, but I wonder if there is something messed up with my SSDT.

FWIW I am using an old Mac Keyboard. Not sure if that's it, but the mouse not working as well makes me think there is something mixed up in my USB layout from the Catalina Clover Install EFI.

I was able to use the iCloud method to get access to the App Store but it refuses to let me download anything. it lets me click on get and then download but then just a spinning arrow that seems to never stop and does not download. I was trying to download ad block from betafish. it now shows a cloud download icon but clicking on the cloud icon results in the spinning arrow of death. when I first set up and signed into iCloud, there was a short lived popup box that came up stating that it had sent an authentication notification to one of my other devices and since I use android devices, I'm assuming they sent it to my iMac that this Hackintosh is going to replace. for the life of me I can't figure out where that notification is.

I have this same exact problem. Does anyone know the solution to this?

For a while I was using 'mas' to update software, but now it's totally fixed. Did both things:
1. Changed UUID in Clover Config to "Take from system";
2. Installed latest EmuVariableUefi in Clover Config to EFI partition.

The only thing that worked for me was going to Activity Monitor and force-killing appstoreagent process.

I launched App store (I was already logged in) and started an app download. The spinning arrow thing began. Then I opened Activity Monitor, found appstoreagent and killed it.

The app started to download at once. After force-killing appstoreagent, there was no need to log out and log in again in the App Store. Updates and downloads finally worked in Mojave! Not sure if any of the other fixes mentioned above contributed (because I tried them all first) but this was the final one.

This was on my old Sandy Bridge i7 z77 system.

The only thing that worked for me was going to Activity Monitor and force-killing appstoreagent process.

I launched App store (I was already logged in) and started an app download. The spinning arrow thing began. Then I opened Activity Monitor, found appstoreagent and killed it.

The app started to download at once. After force-killing appstoreagent, there was no need to log out and log in again in the App Store. Updates and downloads finally worked in Mojave! Not sure if any of the other fixes mentioned above contributed (because I tried them all first) but this was the final one.

This worked perfectly for my Optiplex 7020 running Mojave!!!! Thank you for posting your fix!!

Last edited:

thanks a lot! you are my hero!!

I have a "new" MacBook Pro 17'' (late 2011) [technically not a hackintosh], running under Mojave (latest, runs reasonable, with dGPU disabled via nvram). Suddenly, AppStore no longer worked getting the updates (spinning blue circle problem, as described in this thread). Killing the appstoreagent process helped. THX!

Wow!!
Thank you so much!
This did it for me.
All of a sudden downloads or updates from appstore ended in "the spinning wheel" on my mojave system!
But this did it!
Great,
thanks
Paul

Thanks It worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back