Contribute
Register

Mojave App Store Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dropslot Honestly it's worked much better than Mojave (iMessage never worked for me, handoff/continuity are now perfect).

The instructions are super easy in the 'golden build' thread and I just followed them -- much easier then the first build..

The only problem is occasionally I get (on boot) the broken mac -- usually if I power down and leave it alone for 20 minutes it seems to then boot fine (and I don't know why) -- once booted it's been rock solid and (literally) everything is working...

As I said the biggest problems were some old software (I can buy a newer version) and I lost the scansnap support (but exact scan works for $99)

I'd recommend you just upgrade to catalina honestly.....

I'm also having this exact issue. iMessage and iTunes working fine in Mojave 10.14.6. But the App store just spins. It was working fine recently, so I'm not sure what changed or when exactly it stopped working. Moving up to Catalina is not an option for me. I have hundreds of audio plugins that will never be Catalina compatible, and it's going to be a long time before I rip that bandaid off.

yup - everything I am seeing is recommending the best solution is to bite the bullet and go Catalina. Gonna pull the trigger.

@KaelYeah It's interesting that you also have the same processor-mobo setup as most of the folks on this post. Any ideas why either of those components might cause this problem?

Ok so I just spent a day and half looking into this. I'm still very new to hackintosh and I almost completely wrecked my otherwise solid build to fix it, but I can report that I may have found a solution. I updated Clover to the latest version and reinstalled the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi driver. Voila! Updates are working again in Mojave, yay!

Refer to CaseySJ's amazing thread for info on how to make those updates.

Ok so I just spent a day and half looking into this. I'm still very new to hackintosh and I almost completely wrecked my otherwise solid build to fix it, but I can report that I may have found a solution. I updated Clover to the latest version and reinstalled the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi driver. Voila! Updates are working again in Mojave, yay!

THANKS!! Your solution worked for me like a charm!!!

WOW! I am going to try this, but I gotta say I haven't heard this yet as a solution, and you may have just solved a 4 month long puzzle for me. Reinstalled the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi manually? Basically just copy and paste right?

Thanks for this, worked for me as well.
I have no idea why the App Store just suddenly stopped working - just last week I downloaded the 10.5 update to Logic Pro without issue - then yesterday App Store said "Nope".
Anyway, thanks man

Thanks for this, worked for me as well.
I have no idea why the App Store just suddenly stopped working - just last week I downloaded the 10.5 update to Logic Pro without issue - then yesterday App Store said "Nope".
Anyway, thanks man

Last night App Store stopped working for me on Mojave. I am tracking these threads in Apple Communities too https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251378763 It had a hiccup the other day, but I just Force Killed the process and it worked again a few days ago. App Store also wasn't working on my real Macbook. Now that is back, but my Hackintosh is stuck. I'll check out that thread you guys posted.

"Use the Clover installer (not Clover Configurator) to install EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi,"

I used Clover_r5118.pkg, which updated Clover, but not sure how to install EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi OK I see now in the post install files zip. Will try this.

Last edited:
Its working now. I downgraded Clover to 4xxx and due to the 5xxx not recognizing -64 files that fixed it. All better now that AppStore works ! and I rechecked all the 64 bit drivers in clover. I'm staying on Clover 4934 and not messing with things until Catalina. whew!!!!

boom!

works like a charm! thank you sir :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back