Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It is my understanding that Mojave will automatically convert HFS+ to APFS even on a HDD. I previously installed High Sierra on a HDD and cloned it to my Samsung 960 m.2 NVME so it didn't convert. I also understand that there are issues with APFS on NVME drives. Has anyone had experience running Mojave beta on NVME drive with APFS format. Any and all info and comments appreciated as I have Mojave Beta running a spare SSD without issue.

Last edited:
Just discovered an issue with Mojave Public Beta 9. Using latest AppleALC and Lilu kexts. I lost microphone input. Works fine on High Sierra. Same hardware

update It had worked in beta 8. Tested different IDs and found that it works with ID 4 when previously worked with ID 2

Last edited:
It is my understanding that Mojave will automatically convert HFS+ to APFS even on a HDD. I previously installed High Sierra on a HDD and cloned it to my Samsung 960 m.2 NVME so it didn't convert. I also understand that there are issues with APFS on NVME drives. Has anyone had experience running Mojave beta on NVME drive with APFS format. Any and all info and comments appreciated as I have Mojave Beta running a spare SSD without issue.

No issue for me booting Mojave beta from nvme apfs. I ran apfs on a conventional Sata ssd, cloned to nvme, and then upgraded that one to Mojave. Has all been apfs.

I have 2 nvme's 970 pro and 950 pro, both 500gb , 970 pro is main boot drive and apfs and so is the scratch drive and never had a singe issue. Boot time is very fast.

I have 2 nvme's 970 pro and 950 pro, both 500gb , 970 pro is main boot drive and apfs and so is the scratch drive and never had a singe issue. Boot time is very fast.
How fast is it? Also what is your write speed? My write speed is always 600MB/800MB read speed is 2000MB+. I never found a solution for write speed. What is your BIOS settings for NVME?

Boot time is around 30 to 45 seconds I would say. My write speeds are fine for my main drive the 500gb 970 pro , There is no real settings for the nvme in the bios its just there as a drive.

Just did a speed test and this is what I am getting.

dffe1613d49fd5d07719bfdf6618fca9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back