1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

I have an Intel i7-2600K @ 3.4GHZ on a Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 with 16GB of RAM and no overclocking of any sort.
My graphics card is an Nvidia GTX 650 and an Nvidia GTX 560 Ti with 2 monitors. (The Ti is not used for now.)

I'd love to install Mojave but as far as I know, they still don't give us our drivers so far.
What I want to know is: Could I just create a coding environment with Mojave (nothing graphics, just web dev).
Will it be too slow or just OK?
Thank you very much for any help.

Last edited:
I have the same card and the performance is ok on Mojave. You are hitting a wall if you try any video be it local or web streaming

Hi,

I have an Intel i7-2600K @ 3.4GHZ on a Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 with 16GB of RAM and no overclocking of any sort.
My graphics card is an Nvidia GTX 650 and an Nvidia GTX 560 Ti with 2 monitors. (The Ti is not used for now.)

I'd love to install Mojave but as far as I know, they still don't give us our drivers so far.
What I want to know is: Could I just create a coding environment with Mojave (nothing graphics, just web dev).
Will it be too slow or just OK?
Thank you very much for any help.

GTX 650 should be natively supported on Mojave (although there may be graphics glitches judging from the High Sierra situation), while GTX 560 Ti is not supported due to its lack of Metal support, which is required in Mojave.

So I believe you can use the GTX 650 for your purposes if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back