Contribute
Register

Mojave and GA-Z87X-UD5H compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread provided a great hint for me to install Mojave successfully. I have run El Capitan with the same motherboard and CPU until this week, the reason for holding back the transition being the poor quality of Sierra and High Sierra.

My experience was, in fact, a little different with that of sir_timbit. A use of official Unibeast and Multibeat on blank EFI did not work for me.

What I did in success was:
- Installed drivers and Clover using Multibeast
- Added some Kexts using standalone Clover. For memory issues, I had to choose 'OsxAptioFix3Drv'. The default Aptio driver that was installed by Multibeast did not work for me.

Besides, I learned that, in the APFS era, just 'rsync'ing the boot volume and installing Clover in EFI did not work. I needed to do either of:
- Rsync the boot volume and then install Mojave on it without formatting the partition
- Use Carbon Copy Cloner to copy the boot volume AND to make the APFS volume bootable, which is amazing
- Become a command line guru to manually make the drive bootable

Last edited:
I'm about to install an GA-Z87X-UD5H as a swap for a previous GA-Z87X-UD5H that fried on me.
I have an existing SSD with Mtn Lion and Sierra partitions, but hoping to add a 3rd for Mojave. Is there anything additional I need to do than what's been listed in this thread? I'll be using built in HDMI graphics, and the machine will be used mostly for Pro Tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back