MSI Radeon RX 5700XT Evoke + UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,
wanted to check out some graphics accelleration related stuff in Mojave so i disassembled my GTX 1080.

Anybody here who already got a 8700K CoffeLake with UHD630 (ID is 3e92) working natively in Mojave beta.
What neccessary entries in config.plist?

IntelGFX: 0x0
ig-platform-id: 0x0
Inject-Intel true

arguments: -dart=0 (left out the -disableigxfirmware flag)

change GFX0 to IGPU dsdt fix removed (is this neccessary without discrete graphics?)

Any kexts like lilu or whatevergreen intelgraphicsfix needed?

Of course i removed all nvidia related stuff! As you can see MacOs leads but shows 31 MB 630 and under Graphic details "no Kext loaded"

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• configGFX.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 193
  • Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-12 um 12.24.34 1.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-12 um 12.24.34 1.png
    313.2 KB · Views: 366
  • Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-12 um 12.25.28.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-12 um 12.25.28.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
Hi,
wanted to check out some graphics accelleration related stuff in Mojave so i disassembled my GTX 1080.

Anybody here who already got a 8700K CoffeLake with UHD630 (ID is 3e92) working natively in Mojave beta.
What neccessary entries in config.plist?

IntelGFX: 0x0
ig-platform-id: 0x0
Inject-Intel true

arguments: -dart=0 (left out the -disableigxfirmware flag)

change GFX0 to IGPU dsdt fix removed (is this neccessary without discrete graphics?)

Any kexts like lilu or whatevergreen intelgraphicsfix needed?

Of course i removed all nvidia related stuff! As you can see MacOs leads but shows 31 MB 630 and under Graphic details "no Kext loaded"

Thanks for any help!

I realized setting DVMT PreAlloc in BIOS to 128mb instead of 32 AND installing LILU ans WHATEVERGREEN kexts fixed it for me!!!
So thats it?
Intel 630 only working with that WHATEVERGREEN Kext???
Without IGPU load Problem like in screenshot

Attachments

• 20180912_131239.jpg
    20180912_131239.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 267
With the most recent lilu or whatevergreen you should be able to get the IGPU to work without any further configuration other then the standard enabled in the bios. I think you should give the IGPU as much memory as it will take.

Thanks, that's exactly what made my configuration work!

I used exactly your config and still run into a couldn't allocate runtime area issue. Could you post your EFI by chance?

To make everything 100% perfect, you may want to take a look at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/ -- you can use Clover properties to modify port number and types to match what you have exactly. For example, the 'best match' platform ID for my system (7700k with HD630) specifies there should be 3 DisplayPort ports available; because I actually have 1 DP and 1 HDMI port, I use Clover properties to disable one, and change the type of another to HDMI.

That being said, if you're not experiencing any issues with all ports working and HDMI audio working, you don't *have* to mess with that :)

To make everything 100% perfect, you may want to take a look at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/ -- you can use Clover properties to modify port number and types to match what you have exactly. For example, the 'best match' platform ID for my system (7700k with HD630) specifies there should be 3 DisplayPort ports available; because I actually have 1 DP and 1 HDMI port, I use Clover properties to disable one, and change the type of another to HDMI.

That being said, if you're not experiencing any issues with all ports working and HDMI audio working, you don't *have* to mess with that :)

How do you youse the gfxutil? The command does nothing for me in terminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back