Contribute
Register

Mojave 14.4 on Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming 2.0 - Sleep works, but only on first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD5
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
HD 5770
Hi guys,
I finally set up my new system and to everything works, except sleep sometimes.
Thew strange thing is, that it auto-sleeps on the first time without problems (fans off, +-2W Power consuption.)

After wake up everything works fine but when it tries to sleep again, the screens go black but the Hack wont sleep properly (all fans on, +-90W power consumption).
On a keypress i'm on login menue again.

Does anyone have an idea und could help me?

Here are my specs:

Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming 2.0 - op
i7-8700k
64gb Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 3071 MB
512 970 nvme Samsung SSD
Mojave 14.4
Bios F11 - (Newest does not boot)

I attached the Sysinfo & Clover Files files.

Best

Attachments

• Clover_Folder_4910.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 60
Here are a few suggestions:
  • You have kexts in CLOVER/kexts folder that should be moved into the CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
  • Because you have a custom USB SSDT, you should disable the USB port limit patches in config.plist —> Kernel and Kext Patches.
  • If you have any USB devices attached (other than keyboard and mouse) remove them all and test wake-from-sleep. If wake works properly on the 2nd and subsequent attempts, then attach only one USB device back at a time to identify the culprit.
If these alone don’t resolve the problem, then continue as follows:
  • Replace VirtualSMC with RehabMan’s FakeSMC (downloadable from github via Google search).
  • Install all third-party kexts into /Library/Extensions (you may keep a copy in CLOVER/kexts/Other) and run Kext Utility to rebuild kernel cache (this is always needed after adding or removing files from /Library/Extensions).
  • Then set Inject Kexts to Detect in config.plist —> System Parameters.
Then try:
  • darkwake=0 or other values to see which works best for wake-from-sleep.

Thanks for the reply. There are some news.
- Deleted the kexts from CLOVER/kexts/, as they are unnecessary but think they should not be loaded there.
- Deleted the USB port limit patches from config.plist —> Kernel and Kext Patches.

->>
The first sleep still works like a charm.
Thats new, but i'm not sure if i didn't wait long enough before:

When it tries to sleep the second time, it takes around 10 to 15 Minutes to enter sleep and wakes up without a problem. (Sleep set to 1 minute.)
I'm measuring the power consumption and it goeas slowly down over those 10min from 95W to 60W.

I know it basically works, but i'd like to fix this to perfection :)
Maybe there is a problem with power management?

Extra Info:
- Replace VirtualSMC with RehabMan’s FakeSMC
Takes around 10 Minutes for the first sleep, reverted back to VirtualSMC...
- Removed all USB Devices, except keyboard & Mouse
->no chages
Install all third-party kexts into /Library/Extensions
->no changes
Darkwake=0 is the way to go for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back