Motherboard
Gigabyte X79-UP4
CPU
i7-3930
Graphics
WX4100
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Updated from High Sierra - I have two USB 3.0 Mac compatible PCIe cards in my system.

Only one card is seen in System Report and USB however if I restart - sometimes both USB busses are shown in System Report and all connected devices appear. The card Im using is Inateck 5 port USB3.0.

Any Ideas? The inject all and AHCI kexts are present

Updated from High Sierra - I have two USB 3.0 Mac compatible PCIe cards in my system.

Only one card is seen in System Report and USB however if I restart - sometimes both USB busses are shown in System Report and all connected devices appear. The card Im using is Inateck 5 port USB3.0.

Any Ideas? The inject all and AHCI kexts are present

Hi there.

It's always tricky when something works one way but changes when you reboot...

PCIe USB cards are treated as "external" and depending on the chipset they have may be recognised or not. Five years ago there was a Generic driver that could work with many of them but sadly it hasn't been updated and no longer does.

Unless Innatek makes a Mojave driver the USB ports will probably work but not be configured properly.

USBInjectAll.kext only works with Intel chipset ports.

If your X79 only has third-party USB3 ports recognised by Apple then they should work well - as though they were external ones in a real Mac Pro.

:)

Hi Utter!!! long time no chat...

Thank you for responding...

Innatek don't make any drivers - One of the cards is seen and identified consistently which suggests support is there natively in the OS - the other works on reboots but isn't consistent - it works but isnt seen in PCIe list. My X79 has onboard usb3 and these two cards. No issues with onboard. strange .....I can't work it out....

Last edited:
really struggling with a couple of things - One USB3 port isn't seen onboard and the two PCIE usb 3 cards are seen in sys report as intel when they are Inatek FL110EX Chipset . They power items but nothing plugged in is seen. Ive enclosed my config.plist in case anyone can spot the errors.....

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.7 KB · Views: 40
  • PCI Sys.png
    PCI Sys.png
    255.9 KB · Views: 47
  • USB SYS REPORT.png
    USB SYS REPORT.png
    222.9 KB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back