Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Guys,

In case you wonder how to fix USB and have 100% it working at full speed of USB 2.0/3.0/3.1.
Here are kernel and kext patches to be set in Clover Configurator at KextsToPatch tab:

Name Find HEX Replace HEX Comment
com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily 83FB0F0F 83FB3F0F USB Port Limit Patch 1 DalianSky
com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily 83E30FD3 83E33FD3 USB Port Limit Patch 2 DalianSky
com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI 83FB0F0F 83FB3F0F USB Port Limit Patch 3 DalianSky
com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI 83FF0F0F 83FF3F0F USB Port Limit Patch 4 DalianSky
com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI 4183FF0F 4183FF3F USB Port Limit Patch 2 PMHeart

What is the difference from these which are well known? Take a look at the last one. This gave me ability to have USB working in front panel of my computer case. I guess USBInjectAll.kext is also needed in /Library/Extensions and in /EFI/COLVER/kexts/Other. Use KextBeast program to install kexts into /Library/Extensions since it sets proper permissions (for /EFI/COLVER/kexts/Other it is not needed, standard copy/paste is sufficient).

This patch doesn't depend on your processor or mainboard model. It is working on my i5-4570 with Z87M-PLUS and i5-8600K with Z370N Wifi. I have tested that on 10.14.2 too and it is also working.

Hi Guys,

In case you wonder how to fix USB and have 100% it working at full speed of USB 2.0/3.0/3.1.
Here are kernel and kext patches to be set in Clover Configurator at KextsToPatch tab:

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily 83FB0F0F 83FB3F0F USB Port Limit Patch 1 DalianSky
com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily 83E30FD3 83E33FD3 USB Port Limit Patch 2 DalianSky
com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI 83FB0F0F 83FB3F0F USB Port Limit Patch 3 DalianSky
com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI 83FF0F0F 83FF3F0F USB Port Limit Patch 4 DalianSky
com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI 4183FF0F 4183FF3F USB Port Limit Patch 2 PMHeart

What is the difference from these which are well known? Take a look at the last one. This gave me ability to have USB working in front panel of my computer case. I guess USBInjectAll.kext is also needed in /Library/Extensions and in /EFI/COLVER/kexts/Other. Use KextBeast program to install kexts into /Library/Extensions since it sets proper permissions (for /EFI/COLVER/kexts/Other it is not needed, standard copy/paste is sufficient).

This patch doesn't depend on your processor or mainboard model. It is working on my i5-4570 with Z87M-PLUS and i5-8600K with Z370N Wifi. I have tested that on 10.14.2 too and it is also working.

I'm a newbie here. Ho do you actually get this to work?
I added everything into Clover Configurator.
Now what? How do you get it to run?
Where do you place these new kexts?

BillieJo

Thank you so much ZdzislawPomata! I have tried many many different solutions, and yours was the only one that worked!

My machine:
i5-6500 @3.20 GHz
Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB
Motherboard Asus P10S WS

This has worked perfectly. Until I used these patches, all USB ports of my machine worked as only USB 2.0, and a USB-3 external hard drive was not recognized. I will never upgrade my hackintosh from 10.14.6!

I use Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H.

I'm having the same trouble: Front USB 3.0 ports not working. I tried typing the above into the Clover Configurator KextsToPatch area, but no effect. Also, after I type those in, am I supposed to do something to get them actually applied? Or do they apply right when you tab out of the fields?

Strangely, I had everything working fine, and then got a new hard drive (NOT my boot drive, just a data drive, though my "Users" directory has a symbolic link over to it), and now I'm having several problems that I didn't used to have:
  1. Front USB 3.0 ports not working (back ones work fine).
  2. Wake from sleep causes reboot.
  3. Shut down causes reboot (won't stay shut down).
  4. Desktop picture keeps resetting to Mojave desert picture after reboot.
I've been trying lots of things I've found here, but no luck.

Setup:
  • CPU: Intel i7-7700K (32GB RAM)
  • GPU: Radeon RX 580
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte LGA 1151 ZZ170. Booting via UEFI.
  • Boot drive: Corsair Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe M.2 SSD
  • User drive: 5TB spinning SATA internal drive.

Is it bad that most of my hard drives have an EFI partition? It boots off of my main boot drive.

The ketxts I'm using are:
  • AppleALC.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • IntelMausi.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • SMCBatteryManager.kext
  • SMCLightSensor.kext
  • SMCProcessor.kext
  • SMCSuperIO.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • VirtualSMC.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext
I also attached my config.plist from the CLOVER directory in my EFI partition.

If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 202
Thanks for the help ZdzislawPomata,
I have a Asrock Z370 K6, and this was the only thing that helped me with the USB Problem on Mojave 10.14.6
It was added to the clover "Kernel and Kext Patches" -> (KextsToPatch).

I was many years with High Sierra fine, but I know soon I needed to upgrade to Mojave and it has been a little challenging, but getting most of the things done.
Thanks again!

Hi Guys,

Hi Guys,

Hello my hack moja works great thank you I had lost the patches I attach photos Mapping performed with AckingTool

Attachments

• Port USB Mojave.png
    Port USB Mojave.png
    213.1 KB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back