Contribute
Register

Mojave 10.14.6 - strange USB behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Edhawk.
All USB Port Limit patches are completely removed from Clover.
I did the sweet & refresh in Hackintool and the ports are displaying correctly now.
Capture d’écran, le 2021-03-09 à 16.00.20.png

Despite this, the audio interface is still misbehaving (with this hackintosh, confirmed to work with real macbook air). If you can confirm that USB ports are configured correctly, I'm not sure where else to look. I've deleted/reinstalled drivers and it makes no difference. On a regular mac, they would advise resetting SMC and clearing PRAM/NVRAM. I know you can clear NVRAM on a hackintosh, but is it possible to clear the SMC?
Thanks again for your help Edhawk in configuring my USB ports correctly and hopefully honing in the culprit of the problem.

Yes, the USB port configuration looks good.

The only thing I can think that we haven't looked in to for the USB ports is the power settings required for macOS. Your Skylake system won't have native USB power settings, as Apple stopped adding those with the last Haswell systems.

Assuming you are using the correct SMBIOS (iMac 17,1) for your Skylake system I think you need to add an additional SSDT-USBX.aml to your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. I am assuming one isn't already present.

Anyway add the attached SSDT to your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder, reboot and see what if any difference the SSDT makes with regards your Steinberg UR44C.

Attachments

• SSDT-USBX.aml.zip
    943 bytes · Views: 36
I take it you have seen this solution to the Audio interface not working:

Screenshot 2021-03-09 at 23.01.17.png Steinberg Support solution to interface not working in macOS.

As the UR22C and UR44C share the same Firmware and drivers any solution that works for the UR22C should also work for the UR44C.

Yes, that was the first place I started. I know for a fact the driver installed correctly because in that article, it states that when the error occurs, the interface has a USB icon in audio midi control. As you can see in the screenshot in a previous message that the driver installed successfully and the icon was the steinberg one.

My SMBIOS was set to iMac 14,1 so I changed it to iMac 17,1 and added SSDT-USBX.aml to /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. The audio interface is still not recognized by the software. I also inherited a new problem when I updated SMBIOS :banghead:. I run 2 monitors, 1 hdmi & 1 dvi. The DVI monitor no longer works. It turns on with clover and stays on during apple startup until the resolution refresh 3/4 of the way. Then it shuts off and gets no signal. I used to have to unplug/replug the monitor and it would work, now it doesn't work at all.

I will uninstall/install drivers again and keep testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back