Contribute
Register

Mojave 10.14.6 on Asus Vivobook S532FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turning off hibernation seems to helps with keyboard wake (and probably lid wake when I get it to work again). Execute the following in Terminal:

sudo pmset hibernatemode 0
sudo pmset standby 0
sudo pmset autopoweroff 0

Last edited:
The wifi card was being reported as "Third party device" and I started to notice some wake issues with it. I installed AirportBrcmFixup.kext with the Clover FixAirport fix. The card now shows up as "AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x20)" and so far, no wake issues.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.1 MB · Views: 159
Hi Jimmy
you are working hard, I replaced with this efi.zip but boot stuck have to reinstall every thing I use win10/kali linux/ MacOS, will attach picture. may be due to wireless card I don't have. I have second question I bought new ssd SN750 500gb but second m2 port not working any clue?
Paul

Attachments

• A3B76491-B3C1-4424-9907-59049D944238.jpeg
    A3B76491-B3C1-4424-9907-59049D944238.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
The SN750 is a NVMe drive while that second port only accepts SATA-M.2 drives.

You don't have to re-install. Simply put back my/your previous EFI. You can boot from a FatDog64 USB drive to do that. Once you setup your FatDog64 USB and have it plugged in, use the ESC key right after you turn on the laptop to get the boot menu.

From your pic, it seems like your laptop uses the gpio interrupt I use for something else. That might be due to something you installed. Or as you say, don't have. The previous EFI.zip should get you back up.

Please post result.

Last edited:
Hi Jimmy
Sorry, already got format, now unable to install mojave, after erase , installer give error, asking recovery sever unable to contact any clue?
Paul

I got that error a few times when I first started. It's looking for the recovery partition which doesn't exist. I got rid of the error by deleting all partitions and reformatting the whole drive. If you have multiple OSes installed on multiple partitions, you can try to delete and format only the partitions that macos creates.

Last edited:
Hi Jimmy
I got on track now, Mojave work as before Thanks
Paul

They should be able to help. I've been swamped with work and had to put the hackintosh laptop aside for now. Sorry.

I do use it as is and I'm eager to get back to getting it perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back