Register

Mojave 10.14.6 on Asus Vivobook S532FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jimmy
I got my Asus -AC53 nano
need help to make internet work.
Paul

Sorry for the delay, Paul. To get the AC53 to function, I downloaded the drivers from the Asus site: https://www.asus.com/Networking/USB-AC53-Nano/HelpDesk_Download/

Even though it says that the drivers are for macos 10.7 to 10.12, they work well on 10.14. Once installed, you connect as you normally would. Let me know how it goes.

After over a week of mucking about and learning, there's no luck with the touchpad.

The sound was relatively easy to get working. Use the attached config to get sound.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11 KB · Views: 251
The volume keys don't work yet. The on-screen volume control does.

Hi Jimmy
I got messed up with Catalina update and laptop was down, Today up again, Thanks for the config.plist file, internet, sound and bluetooth working fine, keep up time will cure everything.
Paul

Catalina is a different ball game. Glad you got your laptop going again. With Catalina or Mojave?

I've got the keyboard illumination working (16 levels, F6-down, F7-up) along with volume and mute keys (F1, F2, F3). Screen brightness and the other F keys are more of a challenge. Will post when all done.

Catalina is a different ball game. Glad you got your laptop going again. With Catalina or Mojave?

I've got the keyboard illumination working (16 levels, F6-down, F7-up) along with volume and mute keys (F1, F2, F3). Screen brightness and the other F keys are more of a challenge. Will post when all done.
It is Mojave, yesterday internal blue tooth worked I used mouse but this morning bluetooth trying to connect but unsuccessful any clue? glad you are working hard.

Sorry. No idea what it could be. I haven't done much with Bluetooth on this laptop yet as I await a replacement card. I was surprised to see it available and had my doubts that it would work. Hope you can figure it out.

I have tried to connect but it doesn't show any available devices, even when very close to one.

I finally received my replacement WiFi+BT card and extra antenna! I purchased this one with these antennae. I used only one of the antennae along with the two already in my laptop. The card fit well except it has components soldered on the underside of the circuit board. Therefore, it sits at an angle and needs an M2x5 screw to hold it down. I recommend looking for one without components on the underside. If you do use the above card, don't tighten the screw too much as you might crack the components or make them fall off, not that I've ever done that in my lifetime! ;)

The wifi needed no extra kexts installed! It worked OOB. Reconnecting on boot and keyboard wake are working well, so far. Lid wake stopped working and needs further investigation.

Bluetooth needed BrcmPatchRAM3.kext along with its associated kexts and boot flags. Reconnecting on boot and wake work most of the time. I was able to connect BT speakers and a mouse.

The attached EFI.zip contains all the necessary kexts and boot flags. It also has the keyboard illumination working. I changed the source code of AsusSMC as I was spending too much time on getting the DSDT right. I will revisit this at some point. The laptop has only one key for the keyboard illumination, F7. I use it for Illumination UP and assigned F6 for Illumination DOWN, with 16 levels. The volume and screen backlight keys are also functioning. I assigned F10 and F12 to control playback. I have not yet been able to assign F8, F9 and F11. Also, the Fn key needs to be used to access all these functions, which can be annoying - more debugging.

The sound and USB ports work well.

The touchpad still has no signs of life, almost. I say almost because I get debugging messages in the log when I move my finger on the touchpad, but somehow it does not talk to the mouse pointer. In other words, VoodooI2C detects and sets it up right, but macOS doesn't get the messages to move the mouse. I suspect a DSDT change would fix this. It's on my to-do list!

The screen pad also shows no sign of life. I've tried many things to no avail, yet.

Everything works well when I boot with good ol' FatDog64!

I'll continue my quest to perfect this install. I wanted to post an update for anyone else thinking of hackintoshing this laptop. It is speedy and dare I say, more impressive looking than a Macbook Pro. :eek:

In hunting for answers to the above problems, I'm impressed and grateful for the amount of work and dedication this community has given! Thank you!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.1 MB · Views: 379
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back