4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi team!

Doing a new build for "the ball & chain" - here's a list of hardware:
i9-9900k
Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi
Sapphire Pulse RX580-8GB
G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4-3600 - 32GB (16x2)
Samsung 970 Pro NVM3 M.2 - 512GB
Corsair h100i RGB Platinum cooler

Built Unibeast install key with 10.14.6 (latest). Set all the usual/customary UEFI/BIOS settings per guide. Got all the way to the point where I was trying to do post-install MultiBeast tasks, and the system started randomly rebooting for no apparent reason.

Thinking it was a corrupt install, I started over several times. Reformatted the drive (erasing what was probably a good install), even rebuilding a different Unibeast key. Reboots continued no matter what I tried. Come to find out, it was a defective power supply!! Had an extra PS leftover from a retired build, so swapped that out & no more reboots! Just to be sure, I installed Windows on a spare SSD, and it's rock-solid - again, no reboots.

So I go back to my original Unibeast USB key where I *almost* got a good build, but no matter what I try, I cannot get this install over the finish line!! :banghead: I get to this point (no progress bar), and then system reboots itself:
20191207_150128.jpg
I'm open to thoughts & suggestions on what to do next. I'll also continue to research here... but appreciate the wisdom of "the collective" - THANKS!!
--B

PS...sorry I've been AWOL for so long. Big changes in day-job (new position/new company), plus issues with aging parents (sigh). HOPEFULLY back now for the long haul! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 20191207_150128.jpg
    20191207_150128.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
Then system reboots itself:

Well the system should reboot a few times during install just keep choosing the option at clover menu to install MacOS until the option fade's and you only have the option to boot into MacOS. Sometimes I get a black screen and I have to turn one of my monitors off while doing install or update.

Well the system should reboot a few times during install just keep choosing the option at clover menu to install MacOS until the option fade's and you only have the option to boot into MacOS. Sometimes I get a black screen and I have to turn one of my monitors off while doing install or update.
Thanks for replying. And yes, I know this from previous Mojave installs I've done that there are 3-4 reboots. I apologize for not being more clear. The problem I'm having is an endless loop of reboots, with no additional progress being shown in the progress indicator. I've rebooted probably 6 times, and still not able to complete the install because the progress indicator does not increment past what you see in the photo attached.

Thanks for replying. And yes, I know this from previous Mojave installs I've done that there are 3-4 reboots. I apologize for not being more clear. The problem I'm having is an endless loop of reboots, with no additional progress being shown in the progress indicator. I've rebooted probably 6 times, and still not able to complete the install because the progress indicator does not increment past what you see in the photo attached.
May be an issue with your SMBIOS ?

I am going to assume your bios is set up per the recommended setting on this forum. If it keeps rebooting at the same place try removing all your kext with the exception of SMC if your are using virtual SMC then you will need to keep lilu. At least one port on your video card should work without Whatevergreeen, and maybe disable IGPU in the bios for good measure. You can later added the Kexts back and enable IGPU for proper configuration after install. As for the SM you should be able to get it installed no matter what SM you are using, but I would use iMac Pro 1,1 or even the new Mac Pro SM when it comes out. I will likely try to use the new Mac Pro SM when it comes out due to the fact that most Mac SM that are not related to an AIO allow all DGPU ports to work without WEG.

I am going to assume your bios is set up per the recommended setting on this forum. If it keeps rebooting at the same place try removing all your kext with the exception of SMC if your are using virtual SMC then you will need to keep lilu. At least one port on your video card should work without Whatevergreeen, and maybe disable IGPU in the bios for good measure. You can later added the Kexts back and enable IGPU for proper configuration after install. As for the SM you should be able to get it installed no matter what SM you are using, but I would use iMac Pro 1,1 or even the new Mac Pro SM when it comes out. I will likely try to use the new Mac Pro SM when it comes out due to the fact that most Mac SM that are not related to an AIO allow all DGPU ports to work without WEG.
Yes indeed - recommended BIOS/UEFI settings from the install guide, as well as a couple "lessons learned" settings from my GA-Z370 build in my signature (enabling "Above 4G Decoding" for example). Using what's installed via latest UniBeast (fakeSMC, I believe). Also using the default SM as set by Unibeast (iMac 14,1 I think). Another user who has similar motherboard suggested using iMac18,3 (which is what works on my Z370 build). I will keep tinkering and try your suggestions...thanks for your time & the extra set of eyes on this!! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back