Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Mojave 10.14.6 9700k "Display 7MB/8MB" (Intel UHD 630)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
GTX 1660 + UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello again.

So I've finally gotten sound and internet (via ethernet) working perfectly on my setup, so I'm very excited about that. I've also gotten Windows installed without issue. My final obstacle is to get my integrated graphics running properly. I've tried many different combinations and settings to try to get them to work but it always shows up as 7MB which is obviously causing some graphical issues, most notably during boot where the screen glitches out, and when opening Launchpad where it is insanely choppy and slow. I've seen other threads and tried several methods to rectify this problem but nothing has worked, so I'm hoping someone else can help me find a solution to get me to a fully (or almost fully) working Hackintosh. I have to connect my monitor to my graphics card instead of my motherboard otherwise the screen goes blank at boot.

Attached is my CLOVER folder with my kexts, drivers and config.plist. Is there something I'm missing?

UPDATE:
I successfully updated to 10.14.6 and fixed several problems I was having with 10.13.6. However, the graphical issue remains the same and I cannot fix it, no matter what I do. I've been at this for days and it's the last problem I'm having with the OS, and yet I cannot find a solution despite trying so many different fixes.

Again, I have to iterate that I have to plug the HDMI cable into my GPU in order to avoid a black screen at boot. That might be part of the issue but I'm not able to load into OS X by switching the BIOS to load IGPX and plugging the cable into the motherboard. It results in a black screen every time.

SUCCESS:
The answer was right in front of me. The patch that's built into Hackintool for the Gigabyte z390 AORUS Master works perfectly for the z390 AORUS Pro Wifi. I am now running at full functionality!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 494
Last edited:
Well the About This Mac section fixed itself somehow. Graphics also changed to "8MB" after I reinstalled my GPU. Tried "IntelGraphicsFixup.kext" but it didn't work. At a bit of a loss right now.

I updated the clover folder and got rid of the other problems since they weren't graphics related. Added some extra kexts, don't know if I need them. I am so confused...I just need a bit of help here, I can't find what I need for the life of me, despite literal days of trying to figure it out.

Last edited:
I updated my post. I've gotten 10.14.6 working but the graphics issue hasn't been resolved. I've tried countless solutions and nothing works.

Please, I beg for some help here. I've gotten even iTunes working and a much faster boot time, this is my last obstacle.

Last edited:
@bendahsie96 Can you elaborate what you changed/ patched to fix this. I have the same problem and want to add your fixes to my config
I’ll get you my config.plist (or the whole Clover folder if you wish) as soon as I can get back on my computer. All I did to fix it was use the prebuilt framebuffer patch that Hackintool has for the Gigabyte z390 AORUS Master. It works excellently save for a very brief graphical glitch that occurs during boot, but doesn’t affect anything whatsoever.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 309
Sorry Im not seeing what you changed to make it work. Is it in your config? Did you have to make any edits to the DSDTs? My efi is only using a couple SSDTs for usb.

Sorry Im not seeing what you changed to make it work. Is it in your config? Did you have to make any edits to the DSDTs? My efi is only using a couple SSDTs for usb.
Take a close look at the config.plist and make sure everything is the same as in mine. The framebuffer patch is really the only thing that determined whether it worked or not, which can be seen under the "Properties" tab at the bottom of the "Devices" page. Again it was the prebuilt patch that comes with Hackintool for the z390 AORUS Master.
Double check the kext patches too and make sure they're the same as in my config. Maybe try changing the Mac model to "Macmini8,1" or "iMac18,3" if "iMac19,1" does not work properly. I did not make any adjustments to the DSDTs so I don't think that's the issue.
Finally, double check your motherboard settings. Confirm that the internal graphics are enabled, that IGFX is your default device, and that Vt-d is disabled. Also check that "DVMT Pre-Alloc" is set to 64MB or higher and that "Total GFX Mem" is set to 256MB or higher.

Hopefully this helps.

bendahsie96, do you mind explaining exactly how you did this?

"SUCCESS:
The answer was right in front of me. The patch that's built into Hackintool for the Gigabyte z390 AORUS Master works perfectly for the z390 AORUS Pro Wifi. I am now running at full functionality!"

I looked throughout the tool and can't figure it out. I am having the same issues you did and I have the same mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back