Contribute
Register

Mojave 10.14.5 Intel HD630 No resume from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, couldn’t get it to work, unless you have any other ideas I may have to leave this one!

Same thing on my setup. No proper wake after sleep, only black screen and restart after few sec. Everything ells is working fine. Have you made some progress with this issue @JonnyF12

Same thing on my setup. No proper wake after sleep, only black screen and restart after few sec. Everything ells is working fine. Have you made some progress with this issue @JonnyF12
Unfortunately not, same for Catalina.

I know it’s graphics related as I put in a Nvidia card temporarily and all was AOK, sleep worked perfectly. (P.s. is it possible to have a secondary card in a second slot and boot from that for OSX... doesn’t seem to be. I have a 1080Ti as my main Windows card, the only options I have is boot from that or the IGFX)

However, I’ve run out of things to try, it just looks like it’s not possible with a 7700K / HD630.

Like you, absolutely everything else works 100% (I also had sleep working with the web drivers in High Sierra)

Cheers,

Jon.

@JonnyF12, @mango1122 was wondering if any progress made in your quest for a solution. I am having a slightly different wake from sleep issue, but related nonetheless.

Referring to my second build with the ASRock MB, sleep and wake from sleep work flawlessly with UHD630. Regardless if using one or two monitors.

I only starting having an issue the same as yours with a black screen from waking from sleep when I add 2 things in combination. Those 2 things are a UPS and a torrent client. I can use one, or the other, but not both. Still searching for a solution if possible.

Thanks

ThaiGyver

@JonnyF12, @mango1122 was wondering if any progress made in your quest for a solution. I am having a slightly different wake from sleep issue, but related nonetheless.

Referring to my second build with the ASRock MB, sleep and wake from sleep work flawlessly with UHD630. Regardless if using one or two monitors.

I only starting having an issue the same as yours with a black screen from waking from sleep when I add 2 things in combination. Those 2 things are a UPS and a torrent client. I can use one, or the other, but not both. Still searching for a solution if possible.

Thanks

ThaiGyver

I don't have a straight answer for you. I moved over from my old build to a new one on ASRock z390 iTX and have no sleep issues thus far (with Display port). Working with Intel UHD 630. On HDMI I have very inconsistent behaviour so I kind of gave up. It work fine but after sleeping and waking though 3-4 cycles the screen won't come on. Where I got to was this
1. Make sure the USB port limit patch is there
2. Enable frame buffer patch for the IGPU - "with VRAM as 2048"
3. Try igfxonln=1 on the boot properties with Whatevergreen. Read GitHub for WEG for details. Added igfxonln=1 boot argument and force-online IGPU property force online status for all displays

When the monitor does not come on try switching off and on the monitor - sometimes that seems to solve the issue.

In my new build I already had #1 working perfectly. I applied #2 and #3 - saw some stability with HDMI. Comapred to DP it takes a lot of time to wake from sleep. So ultimately I gave up - I moved to DP and it is stable since then.
Unfortunately, I can't be of much help. If you do find something that works for you - please post the answer.
Good luck !

I don't have a straight answer for you. I moved over from my old build to a new one on ASRock z390 iTX and have no sleep issues thus far (with Display port). Working with Intel UHD 630. On HDMI I have very inconsistent behaviour so I kind of gave up. It work fine but after sleeping and waking though 3-4 cycles the screen won't come on. Where I got to was this
1. Make sure the USB port limit patch is there
2. Enable frame buffer patch for the IGPU - "with VRAM as 2048"
3. Try igfxonln=1 on the boot properties with Whatevergreen. Read GitHub for WEG for details. Added igfxonln=1 boot argument and force-online IGPU property force online status for all displays

When the monitor does not come on try switching off and on the monitor - sometimes that seems to solve the issue.

In my new build I already had #1 working perfectly. I applied #2 and #3 - saw some stability with HDMI. Comapred to DP it takes a lot of time to wake from sleep. So ultimately I gave up - I moved to DP and it is stable since then.
Unfortunately, I can't be of much help. If you do find something that works for you - please post the answer.
Good luck !
Thanks for the reply. You have given a lot of good info. #1 and #2 are already in place on my system, but I will try #3 from your suggestions. I am normally using a single monitor on DVI and my sleep and wake work without issue. I only started having an issue since adding a UPS and using a torrent client. So, I think it is a clash of different command lines causing a problem. I will try your suggestion and post back if anything has changed.

Thanks

ThaiGyver

Thanks for the reply. You have given a lot of good info. #1 and #2 are already in place on my system, but I will try #3 from your suggestions. I am normally using a single monitor on DVI and my sleep and wake work without issue. I only started having an issue since adding a UPS and using a torrent client. So, I think it is a clash of different command lines causing a problem. I will try your suggestion and post back if anything has changed.

Thanks

ThaiGyver

Thaigyver, Any luck with sleep working?

Thaigyver, Any luck with sleep working?
Yes, My sleep and wake work perfectly once again.

Just to be clear, when I built the system (iHack 2) with all the help of this forum, my sleep and wake worked perfectly after the build. This includes the OS install using Unibeast, Multibeast post install, setting up config.plist, installing all kexts and drivers, updating Clover UEFI Bootloader version, USB Mapping, Framebuffer Patching, setting up proper SMBIOS/System Definition and setting up the system preferences as I like.

I then installed a torrent client. And everything was still perfect. Next I connected the UPS data cable and set up UPS setting in the System preferences. That is when I lost my perfectly functioning sleep/wake.

After some testing, I found that sleep/wake would work if I was only using the torrent client without the UPS data cable connected, or if I only ran the system with the UPS data cable and did not use the torrent client.

I posted several questions on the forum but got no response. I used several of the (pmset -g...) commands in terminal to generate reports but could not figure out what was preventing proper sleep/wake.

My end result to get back to working sleep/wake, was to change my torrent client. Now all is working again.

I can provide any info from my build you need, but in all honesty, all I did was follow all the great guides that are provided here and tried to use common sense to adjust for my hardware.

Thaigyver

Thaigyver

Great to hear you got it sorted it. I have Catalina and HD530 (6th gen Cpu) graphics which I hear sleep won't work so I was going to update my CPU (7th gen) to get HD630. But I heard that it's a shot in the dark on the 7th gens HD630 sleep working.

Great to hear you got it sorted it. I have Catalina and HD530 (6th gen Cpu) graphics which I hear sleep won't work so I was going to update my CPU (7th gen) to get HD630. But I heard that it's a shot in the dark on the 7th gens HD630 sleep working.
I wish I could be of more help to you, I just started learning all this a couple years ago and only have experience with 8th and 9th generation CPU's. Even my first build with the 8th gen CPU with HD630 had no issues with sleep wake. I only added the Graphics Card because I wanted multiple monitors.

Thaigyver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back