Contribute
Register

Mojave 10.14.5 installation on LG gram 17 stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys..!

After the successful installation of OS X Catalina 10.15.5 on LG Gram 17 z990 2019 model, I had stopped updating as Intel wifi was not supported in Mac at that time. Now that problem has been solved by one of the developers. AppleIntelWifi.kext has been under development and developers have had success in getting Intel Wifi AC9560 operational. Attaching files for the same here.

I have successfully installed the kext and its running gr8 so far.

Kindly follow the steps mentioned below:-

1) Unzip and copy only the AppleIntelWifi.kext onto desktop.
2) Open Package Contents and edit the info.plist with the SSID(username) & password of your wifi in the NWID section and also change strings in the array with the same. (the kext is under development and at present doesnt allow you to switch between different Wifi.) save the changes in the same file.
3) Run the following ownership commands in Terminal:-
a. cd ~/desktop
b. sudo chown -R root:wheel *.kext
c. sudo chmod -R 755 *.kext
d. sudo kextload -v *.kext
4) Thats it.

Your wifi will be operational. Even Facetime and Messages work..!

Remember: Everytime you restart the Mac, Repeat Steps A and D...!

Enjoy your wifi..!

Cheers..!

Attachments

• AppleIntelWiFi_1.2.5_with_tool.zip
    12.4 MB · Views: 86
Hi Guys..!

After the successful installation of OS X Catalina 10.15.5 on LG Gram 17 z990 2019 model, I had stopped updating as Intel wifi was not supported in Mac at that time. Now that problem has been solved by one of the developers. AppleIntelWifi.kext has been under development and developers have had success in getting Intel Wifi AC9560 operational. Attaching files for the same here.

2) Open Package Contents and edit the info.plist with the SSID(username) & password of your wifi in the NWID section and also change strings in the array with the same. (the kext is under development and at present doesnt allow you to switch between different Wifi.) save the changes in the same file.
a. cd ~/desktop
4) Thats it.

Enjoy your wifi..!

Cheers..!
Update: Place the attached kexts in Clover/Kexts/Others to enable wifi and bluetooth for Intel AC9560. For the wifi kext i.e. itlwm.kext use the steps mentioned above and then place it in Clover.
Use Heliport alongwith itlwm.kext only to switch wifi.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• itlwm.kext.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 88
  • IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 91
  • IntelBluetoothInjector.kext.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 68
Update: Place the attached kexts in Clover/Kexts/Others to enable wifi and bluetooth for Intel AC9560. For the wifi kext i.e. itlwm.kext use the steps mentioned above and then place it in Clover.
Use Heliport alongwith itlwm.kext only to switch wifi.

Enjoy.

This is great news. I tired but I got:

MacLGgm17:Desktop jlee$ sudo kextload -v *.kext
Password:
Requesting load of /Users/jlee/Desktop/AppleIntelWiFi.kext.
/Users/jlee/Desktop/AppleIntelWiFi.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) link error; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

Any suggestion?

This is great news. I tired but I got:

MacLGgm17:Desktop jlee$ sudo kextload -v *.kext
Password:
Requesting load of /Users/jlee/Desktop/AppleIntelWiFi.kext.
/Users/jlee/Desktop/AppleIntelWiFi.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) link error; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

Any suggestion?

Hi jlee,

Use either AppleIntelWifi.kext OR itlwm.kext.

If using AppleIntelWifi.kext please Do Not put it in Clover/Kexts or S/L/E or L/E. Keep it on Desktop only and run terminal commands to operate it.

If using itlwm.kext, please first take ownership of the kext (with terminal commands) and then transfer it to Clover/kexts. I have not used it in L/E or S/L/E.

I would suggest using itlwm.kext for better experience. Hope this helps.

Cheers..!

Hi guys, I'm trying to install Mojave 10.14.5 on LG gram 17" 17z990, whiskey lake i7-8565U, uhd620, 16Gig RAM, 512GB+1TB SSD. The booting process stuck at some point in the middle. I've already read several posts here of successful installation of Mojave on whiskey lake system, so I suppose my system should at least get to the installer window. But it's not.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Screenshot as well as Clover config and data is attached

Thank you
Okay, make that an essentially fully working system. I needed to download the driver for my TPLink T2U Nano to get WiFi working, but now everything is working great, with the limitations noted earlier in the thread. I also can't get Messages/FaceTime working (despite checking all the usual suspects), but I don't really ever use them anyway, so I'm not too concerned.

Also, @Bobrz seems to be concerned about not getting the same updates from LG, but I only had a single update from LG, and the problem was solely the NVMe vs. SATA issue.

I use the Edimax Wifi MacOS 10.15 Catalina Drivers and they work for the TP Link
Okay, make that an essentially fully working system. I needed to download the driver for my TPLink T2U Nano to get WiFi working, but now everything is working great, with the limitations noted earlier in the thread. I also can't get Messages/FaceTime working (despite checking all the usual suspects), but I don't really ever use them anyway, so I'm not too concerned.

Also, @Bobrz seems to be concerned about not getting the same updates from LG, but I only had a single update from LG, and the problem was solely the NVMe vs. SATA issue.

^I use the above Edimax Drivers for my TP Link T2 Nano and they work fine.
Hope it helps.

Hi Guys..!

a. cd ~/desktop
4) Thats it.

Enjoy your wifi..!

Cheers..!
I've gotten the wifi to work but Bluetooth is still not working

UPDATE: I got the Bluetooth working by remapping my USB ports

Last edited:
Interestingly how this thread for Mojave became Catalina.

Anyway back to Mojave topic, I recently updated security patches for my Gram 17 and the trackpad stopped working. Any solution to this?

Thanks.

Has anyone gotten power management to work? I got everything working on my gram except power management which is causing it to overheat and drains the battery very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back