Contribute
Register

Mojave 10.14.4 Port Limit Removal Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or just build a proper database for mainboards that people have so that not every hackintosher on the planet has to do this highly repetitive work themselves?

For a couple of reasons:

1) Having to choose 15 of your possible 26 ports (as of 100 series) means that not everyone is going to want the same choice of ports active. The configurations and headers in use by any one person could be very different from the next person on the same hardware.

2) It's good to learn how to do it, as it takes probably more effort to adapt an existing SSDT/Kext someone else has built than it is to generate your own from scratch.

Or just build a proper database for mainboards that people have so that not every hackintosher on the planet has to do this highly repetitive work themselves?
As some user's may use the headers on the motherboard, some may not... nice idea but impracticable for everyone

Or just build a proper database for mainboards that people have so that not every hackintosher on the planet has to do this highly repetitive work themselves ?
That's a good idea but difficult to achieve. Not everyone uses the same case or needs the same USB ports enabled and specific ones disabled. It depends on what they need for their unique build. So it's still a good idea to go through the process and understand it. But I agree it would be really helpful to have the .DSL for each of the current, widely used Asus and Gigabyte motherboards. Then each person could modify it for their needs. Copying and pasting the SSDT_USB.aml with no more effort by the end user makes it easy but in reality wouldn't work in all cases.

nice idea but impracticable
Is this even a word in the English language ? If not it should be added, don't you agree ? I like the sound of it.
My bad, I guess it really is:
impossible to do; impracticable.
I don't think having a database is impossible though. It would just take a lot of hours of work. MacMan did this for nearly every hackintoshable motherboard back in the early days. Created custom DSDTs. https://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt-database/ The hardest part is keeping it up to date as new boards are released.

Last edited:
in my motheboard
I recognize all USB 3.0 ports as USB 2.0, any ideas?

This port limit Not working any more on 10.14.5 Update.

not surprising, they never do, best to create your own SSDT:

Honestly, everyone here should do this:
1) Add the port limit patches
2) install usbinjectall
3) use hackintool to discover and decide which ports you’re using, pick 15 and delete the rest with the “-“ icon.
4) export the usbports.kext and put it in edit/clover/kexts/other
5) remove usbinjectall
6) remove the port limit patches
7) live happily ever after

Those of you who have sleep and shutdown problems will possibly, if not likely have them solved.

OK, forgive me, but before I screw up my working rig, let me ask a sanity question.

I did as described, whittled things down to 15 ports, and did an export. Several things happened on export: Hackintool wanted my config.plist. (I didn't accept that). Then i finally had it export the files to a folder on my desktop. I got
SSDT-UIAC.aml
SSDT-USBX.aml
USBPorts.kext

Now if I read the 7 steps right, all I need to do now step 4 thru 7. I can discard the .aml's? Should I have altered my config.plist?

and finally, I don't have a path that begins with 'edit'. On my EFI partition, I do have
EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Is that where the USBPorts.kext goes?

Sorry to be so dull... but compared to the SSDT instructions, this just seems too easy...

Last edited:
OK, forgive me, but before I screw up my working rig, let me ask a sanity question.

I did as described, whittled things down to 15 ports, and did an export. Several things happened on export: Hackintool wanted my config.plist. (I didn't accept that). Then i finally had it export the files to a folder on my desktop. I got
SSDT-UIAC.aml
SSDT-USBX.aml
USBPorts.kext

Now if I read the 7 steps right, all I need to do now step 4 thru 7. I can discard the .aml's? Should I have altered my config.plist?

and finally, I don't have a path that begins with 'edit'. On my EFI partition, I do have
EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Is that where the USBPorts.kext goes?

Sorry to be so dull... but this just seems too easy...

yes; just using the USBPorts.kext worked for me. It seems to inject the same properties as the .AMLs.
BUT... USBPorts.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other might only work if FakeSMC is there as well (something about how kext injection works in clover, but that might be outdated info). Once you DO put the USBPorts.kext there, you need to uninstall USBInjectall.kext as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back