Contribute
Register

Mojave 10.14.4 Port Limit Removal Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working with hackintool for the first time. They give instructions with the USB section that I am trying to follow. If I set the boot flag -uia_exclude_ss and then I run the i/o registry app should all the SS ports be gone? I was expecting it, but when I look at i/o registry the SS ports are still there

Is there any way to revert USB SSDT back to default? I just updated from 10.14.3 with USBInjectAll and had SSDT created. Right now I boot into the login screen but no USB ports, SS or HS are working making me unable to get into the OS.

Honestly, everyone here should do this:
1) Add the port limit patches
2) install usbinjectall
3) use hackintool to discover and decide which ports you’re using, pick 15 and delete the rest with the “-“ icon.
4) export the usbports.kext and put it in edit/clover/kexts/other
5) remove usbinjectall
6) remove the port limit patches
7) live happily ever after

Those of you who have sleep and shutdown problems will possibly, if not likely have them solved.

Did you only put the kext to /clover/kexts/other or do you also use the SSDT-EC.aml in clover/acpi/patched?
I have read somewhere that you should have both. Is that right?

I just noticed that in my folder EFI/Clover//ACPI/patched I already have this file:

SSDT-SB-i5.aml​

I thought this system and this os were running without any SSDT. Hackintool has generated the files SSDT-UIAC.aml, SSDT-USBX.aml, SSDT-EC.aml and USBPorts.kext Am I supposed to copy all of these .aml files to EFI/Clover//ACPI/patched in addition to the existing file SSDT-SB-i5.aml, and copy USBPorts.kex to EFI/Clover//kexts/other?

I just noticed that in my folder EFI/Clover//ACPI/patched I already have this file:

SSDT-SB-i5.aml​

I thought this system and this os were running without any SSDT. Hackintool has generated the files SSDT-UIAC.aml, SSDT-USBX.aml, SSDT-EC.aml and USBPorts.kext Am I supposed to copy all of these .aml files to EFI/Clover//ACPI/patched in addition to the existing file SSDT-SB-i5.aml, and copy USBPorts.kex to EFI/Clover//kexts/other?
Depends what SSDT-SB-i5.aml does.

You can just install the kext.

Or put the .aml files in patched folder

I think SSDT-SB-i5.aml is something that got copied over from a previous machine when I was making this config.plist. I think it refers to Sandy Bridge i5, which is what my old system ran. It was needed to allow the SB i5 processor to work with the Z68 mobo. I think I'll start with the kext.

I installed the USBports.kext and it looks like I was successful in trimming my USB ports down to what I am actually using, but the problem remains, drives plugged into these ports are visible, but will not mount their volumes. And I killed my USB 3.1 port, which was never visible in Hackintool, but which was clearly one of the ports that I deleted. Oh, and to complicate things further, the USB 3 ports at SS05 and SS06 don't recognize any USB 2 devices.

XHC_usb_ports_20190419.png

I am going to try to run a USB PCI board and see if I can get some working USB ports that way. Otherwise, I am done with this. I can't afford to waste another minute trying to get the XHC ports working.

I installed the USBports.kext and it looks like I was successful in trimming my USB ports down to what I am actually using, but the problem remains, drives plugged into these ports are visible, but will not mount their volumes. And I killed my USB 3.1 port, which was never visible in Hackintool, but which was clearly one of the ports that I deleted. Oh, and to complicate things further, the USB 3 ports at SS05 and SS06 don't recognize any USB 2 devices.

View attachment 400468
SS05 and SS06 will also have a HS05 and HS06 for USB3.0

View attachment 400468

On a Z170 I think the USB 3.1 ports are handled by a separate controller (ASMedia maybe?) Anyway, it seems you've only enabled 4 of USB ports at this point. Of the files it generates, I only needed SSDT-EC.aml in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/, and USBPorts.kext in EFI/CLover/kexts/other/ to get the 15 ports of my choice working correctly.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 4.43.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 4.43.19 PM.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back