Contribute
Register

Mojave 10.14.4 Port Limit Removal Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if one has a @RehabMan USBInjectAll custom USB SSDT that was working perfectly on OS 10.14.3, no changes need to be made for OS 10.14.4?

That is correct. The same SSDT will work fine and negate the need for a PLRP. Perhaps just ensure you have the latest version of USBInjectAll :thumbup:

If you have an ASUS motherboard you can always use my kext free USB3 SSDT guide.

I do need to update it and also publish the Gigabyte version.
Do you have a link to your guide? I can’t find it by searching. Quite interested as I was planning on using Hackintool to create my SSDT kext...

Would really like to create a proper SSDT instead of using patches.

This update to 10.14.4 was different it took a long time to update I was almost going to reset computer but glad I didn't
it booted 2x and came back up with no problems. The USB 3.0 patch on here is working for me. I had to boot a 2nd time for it to work not sure why.

Last edited:
@MacMan Any news on an update of your guide to include Gigabyte motherboards. I currently use @RehabMan's way but am open to using your method as well even if just to get a better understanding of everything.

Too many conflicting responses and I still haven't seen a single compelling reason not to do it other than we need a new patch for each version. I can wait for the 24 hours it took me to find this one.

Seeing as my ports are perfectly enumerated when compared to the Windows side, I am sticking with the patch. Seems like the most benefits and least issues FOR ME.
I have one question, I have a x299 motherboard
which patch do I need
it's all 3 of them one single patch
meaning do I have to enter all 3 of them or not
or is it 3 different versions and all I need is one

while the first 2 look like 2 different patches the 3rd one just look like a copy of the first one

I rather use a port limit patch remover
because I find all the info about creating SSDT and similar alternatives very confusing
if someone came come up with a video and speak slowly maybe I will give it a try
but for now, I will also stick with the patch because is way more simple to install the port limit patch removal
what is so bad about installing a new patch every time a new version of Mac OS comes out

yes SSDT might be a better solution, you do it just one time
but is also more complicated

so I'm grateful and I thank you for the new patch

Last edited:
I have one question, I have a x299 motherboard
which patch do I need
it's all 3 of them one single patch
meaning do I have to enter all 3 of them or not
or is it 3 different versions and all I need is one

while the first 2 look like 2 different patches the 3rd one just look like a copy of the first one

I rather use a port limit patch remover
because I find all the info about creating SSDT and similar alternatives very confusing
if someone came come up with a video and speak slowly maybe I will give it a try
but for now, I will also stick with the patch because is way more simple to install the port limit patch removal
what is so bad about installing a new patch every time a new version of Mac OS comes out

yes SSDT might be a better solution, you do it just one time
but is also more complicated

so I'm grateful and I thank you for the new patch

And very limiting. No more having to choose what ports to enable or give USB 3.1 Gen 2 functionality.

The above statement, while absolutely true, was only written to poke @UtterDisbelief in the side. Hey buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back