Contribute
Register

Mojave 10.14.4 Port Limit Removal Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please help me with this? Not sure what to do with it :( . Sorry I am still learning

Could someone please help me with this? Not sure what to do with it :( . Sorry I am still learning
This is a Desktop Support forum - For help with your Laptop you should post in the relevant Laptop Support forum.

Those boot flags, -uia_exclude_hs -uia_include=HS14, killed all my usb ports, and now one of the ports seems to be short-circuited. When I plug anything into that port my speakers pop and the machine shuts down. To get working again I had to disable those boot flags at the Clover bootloader screen. As soon as I post this I am going to restore the config.plist.

Those boot flags, -uia_exclude_hs -uia_include=HS14, killed all my usb ports, and now one of the ports seems to be short-circuited. When I plug anything into that port my speakers pop and the machine shuts down. To get working again I had to disable those boot flags at the Clover bootloader screen. As soon as I post this I am going to restore the config.plist.

Speaker popping and shutdown aside, that is expected behavior, except the port your keyboard is plugged into should still be working. That said, you should have gained access to all of your USB3 ports, and any USB3 devices plugged into those ports. I think there is more going on here than just the port limit patches as being your problem.

Looking at your IOREG is doesn't seem like you're using HS05-HS12 at the moment, try disabling those and see if that gets your under the port limit (and subsequently changes the behaviour of your drives mounting):

-uia_exclude=HS05,HS06,HS07,HS08,HS09,HS10,HS11,HS12

Also, I'm not sure you need ECH->EH patches in your config; your USB is on XHC...

FWIW - I just booted this computer into Ubuntu Linux off of a usb flash drive. I thought I had booted the flash drive from any of the usb 3 ports before, but now the bootloader only sees the usb stick if it is in a couple of the ports. I am happy to report that once I am in Linux I can mount those pesky drives that I am having so much trouble with under the mac os but only from certain ports. BTW - Thanks for working with me.

FWIW - I just booted this computer into Ubuntu Linux off of a usb flash drive. I thought I had booted the flash drive from any of the usb 3 ports before, but now the bootloader only sees the usb stick if it is in a couple of the ports. I am happy to report that once I am in Linux I can mount those pesky drives that I am having so much trouble with under the mac os but only from certain ports. BTW - Thanks for working with me.

Sweet, let me know how it goes.

And for everyone reading this: As @RehabMan has said before me, it cannot be stressed enough: Just doing the port limit patch isn't enough. It seems 'fine' but it causes all sorts of problems in macOS, most notably USB device problems (which extends to failures during MacOS updates unless you unplug all your devices), sleep, wake from sleep, and power management issues. It really IS critical to identify the 15 ports you want to use and removing the rest via an SSDT or kext if you want a truly stable system.

Well, I probably damaged my motherboard by now, plugging things in and out and becoming incautious about it. Do you think I could get a PCIe USB 3 board to work around this whole mess?

Well, I probably damaged my motherboard by now, plugging things in and out and becoming incautious about it. Do you think I could get a PCIE usb 3 board to work around this whole mess?

If your ports work in Windows or Linux when not booted through Clover, then it’s the Clover Configuration and kexts that are causing the issue. Try booting those OS first (right from the BIOS) and check the ports there first :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back