Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Mojave 10.14.4 installs with 1x32GB module, hangs on End RandomSeed with 2x32GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Thinkpad X1 Extreme - Clover
CPU
i7-8850H/C240
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1050Ti, 3840x2160
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Specs:
  • Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme (laptop)
  • i7-8850H (Coffee Lake)
  • Intel UHD630
  • GTX 1050 Ti with Max-q
  • 4K Touchscreen
  • 2x 2TB EVO 970 SSD (one for Windows and one for macOS)
  • 2x 32GB DATARAM 2666Mhz DDR4 RAM (max for laptop, works in Windows and Ubuntu)
  • Haven't replaced the Wifi card yet for macOS compatible, just using Ethernet for now
  • Everything else is stock
  • macOS Mojave 10.14.4
Was stuck several days just trying to get passed End RandomSeed. What finally worked was the following:
  • Clover 4910 (instead of using RehabMan's versions)
  • The attached EFI zip
  • Leaving only one RAM module (1x 32GB) in the first slot on the mobo (the right slot if the laptop is upside down and the back is facing you)
Was able to install macOS to the SSD. Well, I am at the phase where I need to get macOS to boot from the SSD without the USB. Struggling with that, but will make a different thread regarding it.

Thought I'd give it a go again with both RAM modules installed since I read somewhere once macOS is installed, you can change the RAM freely. Again, with both modules installed it just hangs at End RandomSeed.

What I have tried:
  • AptioMemoryFix-64 or OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 or OsxAptioFixDrv-64 or OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000
  • AptioMemoryFix-64 plus OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 or OsxAptioFixDrv-64 or OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 (read somewhere that having a combination of AptioMemoryFix plus one of the others worked for some people)
  • Adding RAM entries in SMBIOS (see attached)
Unfortunately, none have seem to have had an effect.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for the help!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    44.9 KB · Views: 82
  • EFI.zip
    6 MB · Views: 94
Specs:
  • Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme (laptop)
  • i7-8850H (Coffee Lake)
  • Intel UHD630
  • GTX 1050 Ti with Max-q
  • 4K Touchscreen
  • 2x 2TB EVO 970 SSD (one for Windows and one for macOS)
  • 2x 32GB DATARAM 2666Mhz DDR4 RAM (max for laptop, works in Windows and Ubuntu)
  • Haven't replaced the Wifi card yet for macOS compatible, just using Ethernet for now
  • Everything else is stock
  • macOS Mojave 10.14.4
Was stuck several days just trying to get passed End RandomSeed. What finally worked was the following:
  • Clover 4910 (instead of using RehabMan's versions)
  • The attached EFI zip
  • Leaving only one RAM module (1x 32GB) in the first slot on the mobo (the right slot if the laptop is upside down and the back is facing you)
Was able to install macOS to the SSD. Well, I am at the phase where I need to get macOS to boot from the SSD without the USB. Struggling with that, but will make a different thread regarding it.

Thought I'd give it a go again with both RAM modules installed since I read somewhere once macOS is installed, you can change the RAM freely. Again, with both modules installed it just hangs at End RandomSeed.

What I have tried:
  • AptioMemoryFix-64 or OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 or OsxAptioFixDrv-64 or OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000
  • AptioMemoryFix-64 plus OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 or OsxAptioFixDrv-64 or OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 (read somewhere that having a combination of AptioMemoryFix plus one of the others worked for some people)
  • Adding RAM entries in SMBIOS (see attached)
Unfortunately, none have seem to have had an effect.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for the help!
don't use a combination, there should only be one in there
have you tried OsxAptioFix2Drv?

with the Osx* will also need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi as well

get your machine running with the need for usb first

install clover to your hard drive, then delete the efi folder and replace with working one from your usb installer

don't use a combination, there should only be one in there
have you tried OsxAptioFix2Drv?

with the Osx* will also need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi as well

get your machine running with the need for usb first

install clover to your hard drive, then delete the efi folder and replace with working one from your usb installer

Ok nixed the combo approach and tested OsxAptioFix3Drv-64, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64, and OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000-64 separately with EmuVariableUefi-64 (and without AptioMemoryFix-64) and still not getting passed End RandomSeed with both sticks in.

Tested each RAM stick by itself in the first RAM slot by itself and can boot into macOS desktop through USB... just not with both still.

Regarding this:

Yea I've tried that... I created a different thread related to it:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/cant-get-mojave-10-14-4-to-boot-from-ssd.275225/

So to clarify, I'm having two issues:
  1. Getting both RAM sticks recognized
  2. Getting booting from the SSD working for macOS (using just one stick which gets around the first issue)

Ok nixed the combo approach and tested OsxAptioFix3Drv-64, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64, and OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000-64 separately with EmuVariableUefi-64 (and without AptioMemoryFix-64) and still not getting passed End RandomSeed with both sticks in.

Tested each RAM stick by itself in the first RAM slot by itself and can boot into macOS desktop through USB... just not with both still.

Regarding this:

Yea I've tried that... I created a different thread related to it:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/cant-get-mojave-10-14-4-to-boot-from-ssd.275225/

So to clarify, I'm having two issues:
  1. Getting both RAM sticks recognized
  2. Getting booting from the SSD working for macOS (using just one stick which gets around the first issue)
you may have to then fill out config.plist memory section:
https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/configuration/smbios#smbios_memory

you may see other examples on the internet as well

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    44.9 KB · Views: 81
Yep, still nothing after filling out SMBIOS memory entires. Attached my EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6 MB · Views: 108
Huge thanks to pavelzuk!

I've attached a screenshot of the SMBIOS entries that worked for me. This was using AptioMemoryFix and no other Boot changes.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 6.44.35 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 6.44.35 pm.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 102
HEY MAN, Thaks a lot this solution worked for me, I was very upset for two days not getting it to boot. In the end only editing the SMBIOS exactly like you put worked. And for me it was even worse because the installation i have access is a Mavericks so Clover Configurator didnt let me edit the memory in that version so i had to copy from another config.plist i had but in the end it worked! Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back