CPU
I7-8700k
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My system worked fine up until updating to 10.14.4. I have my UHD 630 set to run headless and I use my Saphire RX 580 as my primary.

It now after going through the verbose output of boot goes to a black screen upon where it usually shows the apple logo. Any idea why this is happening? I think it is the headless setup doing it myself as my UHD 630 id 0x3E92 is supposed to be native in 10.14.4. But I have no idea what to do with that information.

Any help is appreciated.

Attached is my config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.8 KB · Views: 156
Have the same exact problem running the igpu headless and the rx580 running my primary displays. What SMBIOS are you running. I’m using 18,3

As mentioned by @Khaibit I am also having the same problem. Is anyone able to get a framebuffer dump on 10.14.4? I'm trying to check if something changed in hackintool but I can't get my system to dump the framebuffers. Edit: using -igfxdump boot arg with Lilu + WEG debug versions.

As mentioned by @Khaibit I am also having the same problem. Is anyone able to get a framebuffer dump on 10.14.4? I'm trying to check if something changed in hackintool but I can't get my system to dump the framebuffers. Edit: using -igfxdump boot arg with Lilu + WEG debug versions.

No dump output for me either -- could the KP before the OS boot completes be preventing this?

I think so unfortunately. I have been unable to get the system to boot with iGPU enabled even without injecting anything in device properties. I'm going to test older WEG versions.

I suppose I could always pull my RX560 and see if I can get a dump ... if I force the headless platform-id I imagine I won't get any actual video output but as long as the boot process completes... :lol:

As it turns out, in the documentation for WEG it indicates that if it detects a dedicated GPU and no platform-id is used it forces a 'headless' ID anyway, so chances are removing it from the Clover config didn't actually do anything for you.

Wow this is bad news i guess, without headless igpu there will be degradation in performance. luckily i'm still on 10.14.3
Keep us updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back