UHD 630 + RX 480
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello All,

I am strying from a few week to start installation of Mojave 10.14.4 but without success
I have following mb - Asrock - B360m pro4 + 9700K + RX480, i try a lot of changes ... cannot load installer

If you are able to help me here will be very nice :(

Thanks a lot!!!

Hello All,

I am strying from a few week to start installation of Mojave 10.14.4 but without success
I have following mb - Asrock - B360m pro4 + 9700K + RX480, i try a lot of changes ... cannot load installer

View attachment 401443

Thanks a lot!!!
  • Need your BIOS screen Capturers and Clover Folder from USB installer as zipped file to correlate with your Verbose boot screen findings to get any clue to the cause.
  • Check the linked post for BIOS Screen Capture upload -> #33 and the Link within that post to get bulleted steps to upload CLOVER as zipped file:-> #4

Hello All,

View attachment 401443

Thanks a lot!!!

Did you add fakesmc.kext into clover/kexts/others/ ?

Did you add fakesmc.kext into clover/kexts/others/ ?
  • Without FakeSMC.kext in CLOVER/kexts/Other the Verbose boot will hang with "Waiting for DSMOS"
  • The uploaded verbose boot screen DOES not Show any sign of missing FakeSMC.kext
  • In fact the Uploaded verbose boot is pointing no fingers at any culprits!
  • From the progress of the verbose boot to Ethernet upload, it is more likely to end up being a Graphics related issue for which at present there is no evidence in the innocuous looking Verbose boot screen.
  • A clue might emerge from BIOS Screen Captures and/or the Full CLOVER Folder including its config.plist if OP is willing to share.

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback

i am adding EFI.zip and bios setup

Thanks a lot!!!!!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 101
  • bios.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 101
Hello,

Thanks for your feedback

i am adding EFI.zip and bios setup

Thanks a lot!!!!!
  • There are problems both in your BIOS choice(one example: VT-d is Enabled) and in CLOVER (Both in critical folders contents and in config.plist SECTIONS) .
    • Unless both are fixed, you won't be able to install macOSMojave on the listed hardware
  • I would also like you to clarify how exactly you have connected your Display monitor to the Graphics card as you have two Graphics: IntelHD 630 and a Radeon Rx 480.
    • Please include the exact type of Cable used to connect the Display Monitor to Graphics.
  • You have not listed the Make (Brand name) of Radeon Rx 480.
    • Brand Names are important as some Makes like XFX have been reported to have had problems with several Radeon RX cards.
    • Although some users have posted that they have successfully used Radeon RX 480 in macOSMojave , I have not seen a well documented post; just opinions and claims of success.
  • I will wait to make a detailed post with the edited screen shots of your uploads, after you had a chance to post the details I need about your Graphics and Monitor and possibly after you also had a chance to try the EFI folder offered to you.

• There are problems both in your BIOS choice(one example: VT-d is Enabled) and in CLOVER (Both in critical folders contents and in config.plist SECTIONS) .
    • Unless both are fixed, you won't be able to install macOSMojave on the listed hardware
  • I would also like you to clarify how exactly you have connected your Display monitor to the Graphics card as you have two Graphics: IntelHD 630 and a Radeon Rx 480.
    • Please include the exact type of Cable used to connect the Display Monitor to Graphics.
  • You have not listed the Make (Brand name) of Radeon Rx 480.
    • Brand Names are important as some Makes like XFX have been reported to have had problems with several Radeon RX cards.
    • Although some users have posted that they have successfully used Radeon RX 480 in macOSMojave , I have not seen a well documented post; just opinions and claims of success.
  • I will wait to make a detailed post with the edited screen shots of your uploads, after you had a chance to post the details I need about your Graphics and Monitor and possibly after you also had a chance to try the EFI folder offered to you.

VT-d is working fine for me and its loaded. Also I did add dart=0 in his config, just in case. His Bios is ok.

VT-d is needed for running VMs (such as with use by Parallels). There is no problem with it being enabled if you are using an virtual machine technologies. If, however, you don't, best to leave it disabled. Some boards may not function well with it enabled under MacOS, I have no issues with it on my rig (and I do use Parallels).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back