Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Mojave 10.14.4 B360m pro4 + 9700K + RX480 - cannot load installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!, i did it, have you see something strange with the fan of the Video, there are in idle state(not working), i think that maybe something is not working.

The fans will load after 50 C, try to load some graphics and the fans will spin.

its look ok :) once again, thanks alot for your help!!! it's really appreciated!!!!

You can install Mac OS 10.14.5 beta, change SMBios to iMac Pro 1,1 and go full DGPU.

I will wait for the official 10.14.5 release and then see what happens. BTW, will changing my systemdef from iMac 17,1 to iMac Pro 1,1 not have all sorts of side-effects?

Right now, I am not very enthusiastic about Mojave/APFS. It was a hassle to get it working properly. Literally had to redo nearly everything in my EFI.

Cubase Pro 10(my main DAW) still doesn't work right in 10.14.4. Open/save dialogs will crash Cubase for some reason.

I will wait for the official 10.14.5 release and then see what happens. BTW, will changing my systemdef from iMac 17,1 to iMac Pro 1,1 not have all sorts of side-effects?

Right now, I am not very enthusiastic about Mojave/APFS. It was a hassle to get it working properly. Literally had to redo nearly everything in my EFI.

Cubase Pro 10(my main DAW) still doesn't work right in 10.14.4. Open/save dialogs will crash Cubase for some reason.

iMacPro 1,1 is safe.

Hi, Just quick question, do you know if I should do something else when I enable vt-d?
When I enable it from bios, on the next reboot CPU getting very busy from this process - VTEncoderXPCService
Also when I try to use preview, just freeze
Thanks!

Last edited:
iMacPro 1,1 is safe.
Hi, Do you know what should be the reasion for bad performance of this system, compare to MacBook Pro (Mid 2015)
its look like that on this system my Final Cut export takes 22 min compare to 6min on laptop?
Thanks a lot!!!!

Hi, Do you know what should be the reasion for bad performance of this system, compare to MacBook Pro (Mid 2015)
its look like that on this system my Final Cut export takes 22 min compare to 6min on laptop?
Thanks a lot!!!!

Change your SMBIOS to iMac PRO 1,1 and use this kext into clover/kexts/others. It's for the encoding/decoding.
Check again FCPX export time.

Attachments

• dummy144.kext.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 52
@mattystonnie - Thanks for your help!

It`s look like that now export time has been reduced from 22min to 6min26sec. which is better if we compare to 22min.

Also overall CPU was about 20 40% utilization.

The strange situation here is that my laptop should be slower if we compare to new machine with hackintosh.

The only diff. as high benefit to laptop is fast ssd but now i am going to install new OS on NVMe which is realy fast in order to compare.

Last edited:
@mattystonnie - Thanks for your help!

It`s look like that now export time has been reduced from 22min to 6min26sec. which is better if we compare to 22min.

Also overall CPU was about 20 40% utilization.

The strange situation here is that my laptop should be slower if we compare to new machine with hackintosh.

The only diff. as high benefit to laptop is fast ssd but now i am going to install new OS on NVMe which is realy fast in order to compare.

Exporting in H264 or HEVC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back