Contribute
Register

Mojave 10.14.3 Very Slow Render in Final Cut Pro X with iGPU compared to 10.13.6 / 10.14.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After updating to Mojave I've noticed rendering times in Final Cut Pro X (and Metal in general) became zombie.

Rendering BruceX test both exporting in ProRes and H264 take circa 7 minutes instead of 55sec on 2 of my systems, that are in fact showing the same issue after upgrading to 10.14.3
What in 10.13.6 and 101.4.2 takes 55sec circa now takes 7 minutes.

In 10.14.3 the score of OpenCL and Metal for the iGPU are really good in GeekBench 4.3 (27500 circa), but when it comes to rendering in FCPX the times are devastatingly slow.

The installation is correct and acceleration is working. I'm simply testing the same EFI and config.plis with 10.14.2 and 10.14.3 and in the last update there's something broken in 10.14.3. I tried also re-installing a 10.14.3 Combo but it didn't solve the issue. I'm using the latest FCPX 10.4.5.

Does anyone know how to fix this, is it an Apple bug? Do we need a different configuration for iGPU?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Having the same issues on a Lenovo X1 Extreme running the latest FCPX and Mojave. Tried Compressor and was painfully slow as well. Even background rendering during FCPX slows down the laptop so much that I can't even do anything basic in the background like browsing the internet. Looks like we both of our graphic cards is UHD630

After updating to Mojave I've noticed rendering times in Final Cut Pro X (and Metal in general) became zombie.

Rendering BruceX test both exporting in ProRes and H264 take circa 7 minutes instead of 55sec on 2 of my systems, that are in fact showing the same issue after upgrading to 10.14.3
What in 10.13.6 and 101.4.2 takes 55sec circa now takes 7 minutes.

In 10.14.3 the score of OpenCL and Metal for the iGPU are really good in GeekBench 4.3 (27500 circa), but when it comes to rendering in FCPX the times are devastatingly slow.

The installation is correct and acceleration is working. I'm simply testing the same EFI and config.plis with 10.14.2 and 10.14.3 and in the last update there's something broken in 10.14.3. I tried also re-installing a 10.14.3 Combo but it didn't solve the issue. I'm using the latest FCPX 10.4.5.

Does anyone know how to fix this, is it an Apple bug? Do we need a different configuration for iGPU?
Thanks!

I have the same story! Tell me you managed to solve this problem???

The only solution I found is to go back to 10.14.2

Looks like it's not just a hackintosh problem. Users with regular Macs experience the same problem after installing 10.14.3.
You can turn off background rendering and then fcpx can be used. Unfortunately, the problem arises again when the project is to be exported.
Some believe that it is the third party plugins causing the problem, which I have not verified.

Fixed for me in the latest 10.14.4 beta (18E194d)

Looks like it's not just a hackintosh problem. Users with regular Macs experience the same problem after installing 10.14.3.
You can turn off background rendering and then fcpx can be used. Unfortunately, the problem arises again when the project is to be exported.
Some believe that it is the third party plugins causing the problem, which I have not verified.
I checked. All is true all third-party goods conflict. And this Bug appears. Uplil all plugins and FCPX. Now flies. But without plug-ins to work that hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back