Contribute
Register

Mohave Installation Stuck On "IOReturn IONVMeController::CreateSubmissionQueue"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI 2390l Gaming Edge AC
CPU
i7 9700k
Graphics
Radeon RX 580
Hello All,

I've been trying to get OS X Mohave or High Sierra installed on my PC for two days now. Whenever i start the installation from clover, it gets this far and then stops completely (verbose in attached image)

"IOReturn IONVMeController::CreateSubmissionQueue(uint16_t, uint8_t)::2742:SQ index=1 entrysize=64"

Not really sure where to go from here, as I haven't been able to find anyone with the same issue online.

Thanks much!

Attachments

• IMG_6021.jpg
    IMG_6021.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 794
I'm stuck in the same place. I started an install last night on an ASRock z390 ITX board with i7-8700 and 2 NVMe drives.

Add me to the list. Have you guys figured out how to work around this?

So far what I've been able to do is to copy the folders from my USB drive to the EFI partition of my computer. Now it seems to be working.

Thank you very much for the reply.
Excuse my ignorance. How do you 'copy' the folders from USB drive to EFI partition of your computer? Mine is a clean installation with 2 NVMe drives as well.

I booted from the USB drive and used clover configurator to mount both EFI partitions. I then deleted the EFI folder on the hard drive partition and copied the folder from the USB drive.

I should note that I just did this last night and have not done extensive amount of testing to see if things are all working, but I am able to boot.

Thank you for the quick reply. I will try it out when I get home. So, were you able to finish the installation?

It seems to be working so far as far as it is booting into Mojave. I was able to get online with an ethernet cable and the benchmarks for the cpu and gpu are good. I don't need wifi with this machine, and have not tested audio or thunderbolt yet. The most important thing for me will be to have thunderbolt working.

Awesome. Good work. I would like everything to run. Replaced the WiFi module to a Dell one. Building it for my wife. She currently has a late 2013 iMac. I chose this board just as I think you did for thunderbolt in iTX. Planning to use her iMac as a monitor using Target Display Mode. I have a feeling that I signed up for more than I can chew.

Tonight I checked that thunderbolt is working. I'm testing it with a UAD Satellite with a series of adapters.
USB C -> Thunderbolt 2 -> Firewire 800.

Audio also seems to be working from the headphone and line outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back