Lenovo 81BG
CPU
i7 8550u
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920 x 1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys, I made a huge mistake trying to save my ssd, I created a symlink from /var/folders to my HDD/var/folders also tested and was working fine, while it was on, but after reboot it now hangs forever, "saying too many corpses." over and over.

I tried booting to single mode used fsck and mount and accessed the /var successfully it is read only however so I can't get rid of the symlink.

I tried booting to the recovery partition and it also fails, it gets there stays for a second and boom it goes off suddenly.

Right now I'm recreating the USB Bootable using a windows partition, to get back and boot via the USB and maybe I can fix it from there?
Can I? Please let me know, it's really urgent.

Thank you all.

Hi guys, I made a huge mistake trying to save my ssd, I created a symlink from /var/folders to my HDD/var/folders also tested and was working fine, while it was on, but after reboot it now hangs forever, "saying too many corpses." over and over.

I tried booting to single mode used fsck and mount and accessed the /var successfully it is read only however so I can't get rid of the symlink.

I tried booting to the recovery partition and it also fails, it gets there stays for a second and boom it goes off suddenly.

Right now I'm recreating the USB Bootable using a windows partition, to get back and boot via the USB and maybe I can fix it from there?
Can I? Please let me know, it's really urgent.

Thank you all.
if you can get into recovery, you may be able to reinstall macOS (may not need to wipe)

if you can get into recovery, you may be able to reinstall macOS (may not need to wipe)
Hello, I can not it suddenly shutdowns when I enter it.

Can't I fix it without reinstalling?
I making the Bootable USB hoping to get it fixed somehow?
I remember it had some terminal avaliable on it.

Trying to enter the Bootable USB also suddenly shutdowns. Damn it!

Hello, I can not it suddenly shutdowns when I enter it.

Can't I fix it without reinstalling?
I making the Bootable USB hoping to get it fixed somehow?
I remember it had some terminal avaliable on it.
use your original usb installer to boot from, go into recovery and try

use your original usb installer to boot from, go into recovery and try
I tried it goes til the end of the verbose shows the apple logo and suddenly gets shutdown also I have to reset NVRAM by holding the power button, so it can get turned on after

Now I can't even reinstall!
What shall I do?
Please help

Last time I made a hackintosh was a couple of years ago, now I can't even boot it via Bootable USB I'm unable to attach any files right now as you see but my exact problem is with /var/folders which I mentioned, I also have access to windows on the same laptop if that's helpful?

Last time I made a hackintosh was a couple of years ago, now I can't even boot it via Bootable USB I'm unable to attach any files right now as you see but my exact problem is with /var/folders which I mentioned, I also have access to windows on the same laptop if that's helpful?
will need to see the EFI you are trying to use to boot up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back