Contribute
Register

Modified roms flashable on Asus Z77/H77

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you used the patched BIOS you wont need these steps because you will name native speed-step & power management. In other words you wont have to worry when its time to upgrade to 10.8.1 and have to look for another patched AICPM.kext

-mrengles

Great, that makes a lot of sense. Im running the sabertooth z77 but it should be the same settings as yours, right? Thanks you guys! I've now got a fully operational system. Do you guys know how to get hwmonitor to properly work? My temperatures are constantly fluctuating at idle and the CPU fan is going crazy. I searched the forums to no avail. Perhaps there are some kexts I missed?

Article: Modified roms flashable on Asus Z77/H77

no such thing as a 'best board'.
budget, how it looks, size, features, brand etc all play a part

Just flashed the BIOS on my P8Z77-i. I installed 10.8 via Unibeast stick and was able to boot up fine. I didn't blow up my board, HURRAY!

Now I'm onto Multibeast and -- I'm stuck. Honestly, I don't know which boxes to tick. I searched for a DSDT but didn't locate one. (I'm unclear as to whether I need one anyways.) I have a Dell U3011 30" monitor that I would like to run with internal HD4000 graphics until my EVGA GTX580 comes back from repair. Presently, I display 1024x768 -- it's kind of a drag. Can I achieve proper 2560x1600 resolution? Can a total noob find Hackintosh bliss?

Can anyone point me towards a patched ROM for the P8Z77-I Deluxe? I can't seem to find one anywhere in the forums. Thanks in advance.

Just flashed the BIOS on my P8Z77-i. I installed 10.8 via Unibeast stick and was able to boot up fine. I didn't blow up my board, HURRAY!

Now I'm onto Multibeast and -- I'm stuck. Honestly, I don't know which boxes to tick. I searched for a DSDT but didn't locate one. (I'm unclear as to whether I need one anyways.) I have a Dell U3011 30" monitor that I would like to run with internal HD4000 graphics until my EVGA GTX580 comes back from repair. Presently, I display 1024x768 -- it's kind of a drag. Can I achieve proper 2560x1600 resolution? Can a total noob find Hackintosh bliss?

One place to look: http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=62676&start=0&sid=dd999e6408315b48b47b7bb6bef9e19a

no such thing as a 'best board'.
budget, how it looks, size, features, brand etc all play a part

ASUS or Gigabyte
I prefer gaming board and hackintosh compatible. Needed for video editing and music. I want to run Logic and final cut and photoshop and ... ;)
price between 1500-2000 Norsk for the board.
I have old hackintosh that I build in 2008 so I just want to use some of parts like power supply that is 750 watts and Graphics cards that are HD5770 and GTX580 and maybe the tower if I can fit the board in it ;)
right now I have GA-EP45-Extreme board.

Thanks for helping

ASUS or Gigabyte
I prefer gaming board and hackintosh compatible. Needed for video editing and music. I want to run Logic and final cut and photoshop and ... ;)
price between 1500-2000 Norsk for the board.
I have old hackintosh that I build in 2008 so I just want to use some of parts like power supply that is 750 watts and Graphics cards that are HD5770 and GTX580 and maybe the tower if I can fit the board in it ;)
right now I have GA-EP45-Extreme board.

Thanks for helping

for that budget, you have a lot of choices.

P8Z77-V
P8Z77-V DELUXE
P8Z77-V PRO
P8Z77-V PRO THUNDERBOLT (unsure if the thunderbolt works in osx)
SABERTOOTH Z77

GA-Z77X-UP4-TH
GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI
GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB

for your budget, these would be the best you can get.

it is worth researching each of those boards' features, price, and looks etc, and seeing which one you like best.
to make things even more confusing, you could look at cheaper gigabyte boards (z77x-ud3h for example) which come with via audio, which isnt favoured for use with osx, but as you are using logic you will probably have your own sound card making the via irrelevant.

i think if it was my own money, id get the sabertooth. purely because i like the way it looks :oops:
its tough, all of them are good buys

I have ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe board using 3570k, HD4000, and I need some help.
First, I patched the board with the modded BIOS 0508 x86 ROM, and I installed the Mountain Lion with the Unibeast.

After MultiBeast 4.6.1. setup, I see these messages:
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported

In MultiBeast setup, I checked the followings:
Audio>Realtek>Non-DSDT HDAEnabler>ALC898
Audio>Realtek>Patched AppleHDA>ALC898
Disk>Trim Enabler
Miscellaneous>FakeSMC
Network>hnak's AppleIntleE1000e Ethernet
Bootladers>Chimera v1.10.0 r1394
Customization>Boot Options>64-bit Apple Boot Screen
Customization>Boot Options>Use KernelCache
System Definitions>Mac mini

The system does boot up, but with no HD4000 kext loaded.
So, if I install Chimera 1.11.0 to load the HD4000 kext, the system won't boot up.
The warning is still the same:
IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a

I have ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe board using 3570k, HD4000, and I need some help.
First, I patched the board with the modded BIOS 0508 x86 ROM, and I installed the Mountain Lion with the Unibeast.

After MultiBeast 4.6.1. setup, I see these messages:
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a

In MultiBeast setup, I checked the followings:
Audio>Realtek>Non-DSDT HDAEnabler>ALC898
Audio>Realtek>Patched AppleHDA>ALC898
Disk>Trim Enabler
Miscellaneous>FakeSMC
Network>hnak's AppleIntleE1000e Ethernet
Bootladers>Chimera v1.10.0 r1394
Customization>Boot Options>64-bit Apple Boot Screen
Customization>Boot Options>Use KernelCache
System Definitions>Mac mini

The system does boot up, but with no HD4000 kext loaded.
So, if I install Chimera 1.11.0 to load the HD4000 kext, the system won't boot up.
The warning is still the same:
IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a

Where did you find the patched BIOS? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back