Contribute
Register

Modified roms flashable on Asus Z77/H77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you point me towards the P8Z77-M Pro bios please i cant seem to find it. I have sleep/wake working perfect already but i would prefer a flashed bios as it's more "vanilla" thanks in advance for your assistance.

Samisnake should have them all posted on his blog soon. If he does not mind I'll post the link here.

-Mrengles

Thanks Samisnake!!!

Do you know when tonymacx86 or macman might post the newer ddst's for the Asus motherboards? I'm specifically looking for my P8Z77-M Pro with modded BIOS version 1406.

Thanks in advanced.

-Mrengles

there wont be dsdts added to the database for asus 1155 boards.
if you need one, make it yourself. these uefi boards need very little edits in general (its not like the old days where a dsdt was required otherwise the system wouldnt shutdown or whatever)

if u do that for x79 asus platforms that would be great!!

it wont do a thing for x79 users until apple support it

I have p8z77-v with i7 3770k and ML installed with patched power management and nullcpu. So, what I'd like to ask you guys (guess im not the only one here) is - any further steps required with kexts (delete, re-install) after bios flashing in order not to face KP? Plus, is there any risk to loose old bios settings?
Thanks!:)

Tested on Sabertooth Z77 motherboard - flashed then booted into OSX and removed patched appleIntelCPU kext and replaced with vanilla 10.8 appleIntelCPU kext and works like a charm. Many thanks.

Out of interest it seems that the only kext i install now is FakeSMC.kext (and ALC892 kext) - I presume FakeSMC.kext is mandatory that if removed machine will KP's?

FakeSMC.kext is the only absolutely mandatory kext, and is required for booting the system.Original by netkas, new branch by Project OS X. Installs FakeSMC.kext in/System/Library/Extensions.

From MultiBeast Features pdf (in MultiBeast .zip)

Flashback with modded BIOS 0508 works with ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe mini-ITX
Booting without DSDT, patched CPUPowermanagement kext or NullCPUPowermanagement kext.
Issues:
Sleep screen is white- not black
USB device connected after wake is not recognized
DVD-RW tray will not respond to eject key on keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back