Contribute
Register

Modified roms flashable on Asus Z77/H77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Modified roms flashable on Asus Z77/H77

for that budget, you have a lot of choices.

P8Z77-V
P8Z77-V DELUXE
P8Z77-V PRO
P8Z77-V PRO THUNDERBOLT (unsure if the thunderbolt works in osx)
SABERTOOTH Z77

GA-Z77X-UP4-TH
GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI
GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB

for your budget, these would be the best you can get.

it is worth researching each of those boards' features, price, and looks etc, and seeing which one you like best.
to make things even more confusing, you could look at cheaper gigabyte boards (z77x-ud3h for example) which come with via audio, which isnt favoured for use with osx, but as you are using logic you will probably have your own sound card making the via irrelevant.

i think if it was my own money, id get the sabertooth. purely because i like the way it looks :oops:
its tough, all of them are good buys

what do you think about this?
I need to have firewire(for sound card M-Audio ProFire 610) and DVI that why I chose this motherboard.

1. Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, Z77 1155, ATX
2. Intel Core i7 3770K - 3.5 GHz
3. Corsair Vengeance Quad DDR3 32GB Kit, 1600MHz, 4x240
4. TP-LINK 450MBPS WIR. N PCI EXPRE. ADAP
5. Corsair H80 HYDRO LIQUID CPU COOLER
6. GTX580 - HD5770
7. 750 watts

Hi thanks for the referral link, I actively followed this thread before. I got my rig to work for a day and then my video card blew up. (That's why I'm trying to get a fresh install working with 10.8 and HD4000 before my new card arrives.)

Unfortunately, that legacy thread is now closed and it pertained only to 10.7 anyways. As this is a very popular board, I think I'll start a new thread for this particular board and trying to get it to work on ML. (Unless, there's a simple fix of course!)

Flashback with modded BIOS 0508 works with ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe mini-ITX
Booting without DSDT, patched CPUPowermanagement kext or NullCPUPowermanagement kext.
Issues:
Sleep screen is white- not black
USB device connected after wake is not recognized
DVD-RW tray will not respond to eject key on keyboard

Hey Going Bald,
You say you have sleep working natively... I have flashed my P8Z77-i Deluxe with the patched 0508 twice now (to make sure it did it right) and re-installed ML 5 or 6 times so far (due to mis-configuring MultiBeast and not bothering to undo it - a reinstall only takes 20 minutes anyway). I have never gotten sleep to work with the patched bios. The system appears to sleep but the fans don't turn off, and nothing will wake it - always had to reset. This particular time around I have not run MultiBeast yet (I'm kind of waiting for 5.0.0). I have ethernet working, sound (USB speakers), bluetooth (dongle), and the GTX670 runs natively. My other problem is that the USB3.0 ports don't work but again I am waiting for MB5.0.0 for that.
Is there perhaps a setting in BIOS that I am missing, that enabled sleep to function for you?

I got sleep to work on mine (P8Z77-I Deluxe) by disabling in Bios Wi-Fi & Bluetooth and using this DSDT. Sleep works perfectly by touching the power button or manually selecting it. If it sleeps automatically the fans don't turn off so that is something I'm still working on. I also patched my BIOS. By the way, the attached DSDT is from a P8Z77-V.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    18.6 KB · Views: 117

I got sleep to work on mine (P8Z77-I Deluxe) by disabling in Bios Wi-Fi & Bluetooth and using this DSDT. Sleep works perfectly by touching the power button or manually selecting it. If it sleeps automatically the fans don't turn off so that is something I'm still working on. I also patched my BIOS. By the way, the attached DSDT is from a P8Z77-V.
Which DSDT is that? Sory there is no link or attachment in your message. I will disable bt and wifi in the bios now and try it. Thanks.

Which DSDT is that RITC? There was nothing attached and no link.
dang. double post. sorry

Sorry about that. I edited my last post and you should see the file. Not sure what's going on here. I keep attaching files, they show up in the post and then 5 minutes later they disappear.View attachment DSDT.aml.zip

can you tell me where you got that DSDT? I'd like to see the source/how this particular one was made. Haven't tried it yet but I will in the next couple of days.

I've tried a number of DSDT's from different sources so I can't remember where this one came from. I do know that it was for a P8Z77-V. I can tell you that at the time the guy did not say what changes were made to it, he just posted it. I'll do a little searching around again and if I find it I'll send you a link to the post.

It occurred to me that if a real Mac had problems with automatic sleep (with the sleep timer) then there might just be a solution to this issue some of us are having ("appears" to sleep yet fans are still going). Actually the computer is NOT sleeping at all, the display is the only thing that is sleeping. Like I said in a previous post my P8Z77-I Deluxe sleeps perfectly fine in manual sleep mode, albeit by disabling the WiFi/Bluetooth chip in Bios (it's not recognized anyway). Do some searches on this issue with real Macs and you'll be surprised how many people have this exact same problem: manual sleep works fine but automatic sleep doesn't (although I have never seen this problem on my Macbook Pro). Anyway, to make a long story shorter it turns out that there is usually some other background process that is either resetting the sleep timer or is preventing it from entering automatic sleep altogether. As long as manually selecting sleep works you should be able to find out what is causing the timer reset. Now for a quick solution (and this is something us purists don't want to hear), use an application like PleaseSleep. I've just tried it and it works on 10.8. I don't like having to run a background process just to fix something that should work anyway, but it will do until I find a better solution. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back