Modified roms flashable on Asus Z77/H77

samisnake

Motherboard
MSI Z97i Gaming ACK
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 670
Up until recently, modified roms for Asus Z77 and H77 roms could not be flashed do to checks performed just before the firmware is updated. Thanks to a post by Guntars, it is now clear that the method to bypass these security checks is to use the USB FlashBack feature available on Asus 7 Series boards.

http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/

We will be adding modded roms for the Z77 and H77 boards shortly. Keep an eye on http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/43486-asus-1155-patched-bios-repository.html

This feature may appear different on the various models, but the principle is the same. Consult your manual for info on how to do it on your board. Thanks to mrengles for looking into this.

[video=youtube;ADcdnwMjd_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADcdnwMjd_I[/video]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
Mountain Lion
CPU
Core i7 3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
And the advantage of this is to get what working? Wake/skeep? SpeedStep? What's missing from stock ROM's? And would this mean that the P8Z77-I Deluxe is 100% viable? Thanks in advance.

samisnake

Motherboard
MSI Z97i Gaming ACK
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 670
Motherboard
ASRock Z77 Professional-M
CPU
Intel i7-3770K (4.2 GHz)
Graphics
EVGA GTX 670 4GB Superclocked+
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, Performa, Power Mac, Xserve
Mobile Phone
iOS
samisnake,

Thanks! Installed your modded rom on my Asus P8Z77-M Pro, sleep, speedstep & power management work without any kext's needed.

Awesome work, keep up the good work!

-mrengles

Motherboard
ASUS A43SV/K43SV
CPU
i5-2430M
Graphics
GT 540M
Mac
iMac, MacBook, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
When will CustomMac suggest the motherboards from ASUS? What's the most important issue of them, comparing with Gigabyte?

Motherboard
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 670 ftw
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
samisnake,

Thanks! Installed your modded rom on my Asus P8Z77-M Pro, sleep, speedstep & power management work without any kext's needed.

-mrengles
Could you point me towards the P8Z77-M Pro bios please i cant seem to find it. I have sleep/wake working perfect already but i would prefer a flashed bios as it's more "vanilla" thanks in advance for your assistance.

Motherboard
Mountain Lion
CPU
Core i7 3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
When will CustomMac suggest the motherboards from ASUS? What's the most important issue of them, comparing with Gigabyte?
From what I can gather, the most important issues are the ones that this patch fixes. So that would make them much more viable. However, every board is different. The most common issues I've seen with boards from ANY maker are ethernet and audio since those chipsets are left up to the board maker rather than being set by Intel's chipset specs. In that regard, though, Gigabyte does seem to be quite god with its compatibility. With other makers, you have to be pickier.

Motherboard
i7 16gb
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
sapphire 6870 1gb
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi.
where is modded rom Asus p8Z77-m Pro download site?
thanks.
samisnake,

-mrengles

Motherboard
T3400
CPU
E6850
Graphics
Sapphire 5450
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
This is awesome samisnake. Probably the final nudge to get me to pull the trigger on the P8Z77-I Deluxe.

Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Premium
CPU
Intel I7 3770k
Graphics
Asus GTX670 DC2
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Do patching the bios with this have any side effects on an windows installation? I have a windows installation on another disk, but I haven't been able to get OSX to work just yet