Nvidia GTX 650 ti 1024 MB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was browsing the internet today and came across this:

Knipsel2.PNG

The picture is a part of the header of the CCC website, https://bombich.com. As most of you know CCC is used to create a clone of your HDD so I suppose it is an external hard drive next to the laptop. Left the laptop for reference.

It kinda reminds me of the PowerMac G5... Which I love, and so do many other. I thought maybe someone would be interested in making a Mac Mini of this case or something similiar. I can however not find a website where they sell these cases. Does anyone recognize it?

Thanks, Thij.

I am pretty sure somebody has done one in that drive case - if I remember right I think it was an NUC build....
and it is a shame those drive enclosures are so damn expensive too. They pretty much cost as much as a proper PC case!

I am pretty sure somebody has done one in that drive case - if I remember right I think it was an NUC build....
and it is a shame those drive enclosures are so damn expensive too. They pretty much cost as much as a proper PC case!

Yeah that's a pity indeed. I won't buy one due to the high price. Fortunately for them there are people who only care about experience and not about price - that said, this case can be a great deal.

Hey

I bought mine second hand for 40 euros (around 45 us dollar)
I modified mine because the standard inside hardware had issues with recognizing more than 1 TB storage in windows sometimes.

I was very lucky to find one at that price in my own neighborhood.

Rick,

Attachments

• 20150620_191809197_iOS.jpg
    20150620_191809197_iOS.jpg
    638 KB · Views: 161
Hey

I bought mine second hand for 40 euros (around 45 us dollar)
I modified mine because the standard inside hardware had issues with recognizing more than 1 TB storage in windows sometimes.

I was very lucky to find one at that price in my own neighborhood.

Rick,

That's cool. Can you post a little more information about it? Just curious (specs, how you made it etc.). :)

Nice G5 case as well.

Thanks but the g5 is nothing special it kinda failed haha.

About the hdd case?

well i only took out the inner stuff made a extra hole in in the back for the power and usb and screw it back in with the pcb board that came with my external hdd fits perfectly in there.

this is the type i have: Macally G-S350SUA 3,5'' eSata,USB and Firewire.
It comes with firewire and eSata cables and its little power supply brick.

Thats all I know :)

Rick,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back