Contribute
Register

Mod About This Mac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What file did you edit? "com.apple.systemprofiler.plist" is not longer there Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 10.53.59 PM.png

I imported my user data using Migration Assistant from Mavericks SSD to Yosemite SSD, and it "ported" over also my custom names for "About this Mac".

However, I can't change the icon, it shows me a big X.

I've made edits and restarted the mac, and am still not seeing any changes appear.

I usually edit:

/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/AboutThisMac.Strings

found in

/System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.

While the file is there, and my edits are sticking in the file, they are making no difference in Yosemite while they worked fine in Mavericks.

Hi,

yes, same here.

It does not work on Yose!

Any suggestion?

Any chance of this working with Yosemite at all? I tried adding my case picture, and all I get is the X symbol

I cannot change the name of my hack. The instructions described in the guide doesn't work for yosemite.

To change the icon in Yosemite (10.10.1) you have to navigate to your Applications -> Utilities -> System Information and show package contents, show hidden files and locate the SystemLogo.tiff icon.
Replace it with whatever you prefer :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Save and Close. If you want to see if it works, Close any About this Mac windows and reopen them. If no changes then reboot.

Tip: instead of rebooting, manually quitting System Information from Activity Monitor works for me and is much quicker.

I can't see com.apple.systemprofiler.plist, pls help me? I'm running mavericks 10.9.5 and i've enabled hidden files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back