Contribute
Register

Mod About This Mac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod About This Mac 10.8!

The background should be a solid color like white, Click on the instant alpha tool then click on the white and drag the arrow up, You should see the surrounding white turn red, When all the white turns red then let go of the mouse button, Don't drag up too much otherwise the rest of the picture will turn red and will be deleted when you follow the rest of the tutorial. If your still having trouble put up the link here.

Mod About This Mac 10.8!

Oh Yeah!!!

; )

LGA 2011 i7 6 core

-G

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-17 at 11.29.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-17 at 11.29.23 PM.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 327
Mod About This Mac 10.8!

Great guide thank you sou much!

Is there anyway I could add additional images to the storage section of about this mac?

I have an image for the drive itself but could I add an image for the windows HDD partition and the windows 8 partition? Also is there anyway to get my ssd to show up first?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-21 at 12.14.33 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-01-21 at 12.14.33 PM.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 432
Mod About This Mac 10.8!

Great guide thank you sou much!

Is there anyway I could add additional images to the storage section of about this mac?

I have an image for the drive itself but could I add an image for the windows HDD partition and the windows 8 partition? Also is there anyway to get my ssd to show up first?

Thanks

No Problem, Bare with me if none of these options work, I don't have boot camp partitions on my mac so I'm just going off of memory. Can you just change the image of the hard drive in Finder? If you don't have hard drives on your desktop, open a new finder window, Click the hard drive you want to change the image for and Press CMD + I for Get Info. You can change the icon in the top left corner. Copy the new icon and Paste over the original to change your Windows HDD Icon. Let me know if that doesn't work for some reason.

As far as order, I'm not exactly sure, My SSD which I boot from shows up near the bottom, I have an external which is 2nd from the bottom and then a Superdrive.

If you really want to you could try a few things. Unplug all drives including Internal DDs, Superdrives and Externals. Plug your SSD into Sata 0 on your motherboard. Boot up, Open Storages, Only your SSD should show up, then Shutdown, Plug in another drive, See where it gets listed. Above or Below your SSD.

I'll look into it more and will post if I see anything.

Mod About This Mac 10.8!

What about "Storage" and "Memory" tabs? Any idea how to do those? I wanna replace the "16GB" icon with a badass G.Skill icon.

Mod About This Mac 10.8!

Thanks for the reply, I was able to get the ssd to show up first my plugging it into to sata port 0. As for the windows partitions I have changed the icons as you can see in the attached image. However, the about this mac doesn't show the images for the windows partitions just the mac ones. Anyway I could get the windows drive images to appear?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-26 at 4.46.38 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-01-26 at 4.46.38 PM.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 237
  • Screen Shot 2013-01-26 at 4.49.16 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-01-26 at 4.49.16 PM.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 258
Mod About This Mac 10.8!

So on each drive you have two partitions, each filesystem with its own icon.
However in the Storage area it just uses the icon for the first filesystem on that drive as the icon for the drive. I don't think there's any way to change that fundamental behaviour, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back