Contribute
Register

Mod About This Mac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod About This Mac 10.8!

This is the next issue I'm trying to solve. Different display images. In theory there should be a way to make your mac think the 2nd display is an Apple 24 inch LED Monitor and then replace that image with your new monitor. But at this point I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. Anybody else have any ideas that would be great. Good news is that I have tomorrow and Friday Plus this weekend off so I'll be trying to figure this out. I will keep you guys updated. Thanks

It would be great if there is a way to do this. But do try to have some real fun on your days off also! :lol::headbang: Cheers!

Mod About This Mac 10.8!

Thank you so much TryMeOk!

This worked like a charm for me. Your instructions were clear and precise. I was able to easily edit my About this Mac window. I edited my Overview, Displays, and About this Mac Window.

About this Mac.jpgAbout this Mac Displays.jpgSystem Report.png

Mod About This Mac 10.8!

Nice Tips!

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• classicmac.jpg
    classicmac.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 484
Mod About This Mac 10.8!

I know this has been probably asked a thousand times, but: could changing any of the system profile definitions according to these guides potentially crash my 10.8.2 system? Thank you.

Mod About This Mac 10.8!

No, if you follow the guide, there is no risk of major damage or crash. You can mess up the images in About this Mac, but your system will still work. But apart from that, it's alway a good thing to make a backup before changing things.....

Mod About This Mac 10.8!

Thanks! Great guide… solved another problem for me.

Attachments

• Joasch-1.jpg
    Joasch-1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 559
Mod About This Mac 10.8!

Hey thanks king13p! I already had the photo sorted, but its grey to change the date and name, I mean Im a real idiot and I did it, so there is no excuse! You all can! Thanks to all you creative people making this site so great to be part of!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-27 at 12.51.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-27 at 12.51.05 AM.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 327
Mod About This Mac 10.8!

Many thanks "King13p" for the colored Apple Logo! works like a charm!

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back