Contribute
Register

Mod About This Mac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can still be done in High Sierra. Replacing the public.generic-lcd.icns in coretypes does not work though, but adding a file with the name shown in ATM does works.
Could you write the name of the file you put in. Mine is showing (it's in french) : "Moniteur : PBM-V300W" and I put PBM-V300W.icns but nothing changed.

I used HP-23xi.icns for mine, but it stopped working after the supplemental update to HS 10.13. My custom icon still shows up in display preferences though.

How can I edit the built in display image on my laptop? I tried replacing com.apple.macbookpro13-unibody.icns in /S/L/Coreservices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources with no luck.

My SMBIOS is MacBookPro8,1 so it should work. IDK what I'm doing wrong. I just want to customize the built in display, nothing else.

Cheers!
Does anyone has a solution for this?
Thanks

So, I got this working and finally can display my T420 properly in About This Mac, but the problem is every time I create a new user, it gets reset and I have to redo it all over again for the new user. I guess that makes sense since some of the files reside in the user's own Library folder, but is there a way to make a startup script or template for new users that copies over these files so that I would only have to set this up once?

Can still be done in High Sierra. Replacing the public.generic-lcd.icns in coretypes does not work though, but adding a file with the name shown in ATM does works.
View attachment 282067

View attachment 282068

Just for others info. I can still modify the public.generic-lcd.icns in the latest 10.13.3. And the about my Mac can shows the modified picture correctly.
Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 03.09.57.jpg

CHG90.jpg

Replaced public.generic-lcd.icns with a modified .icns file of HP 23xi monitor, themed with Mojave Night
hp-iMac.jpg

Attachments

• public.generic-lcd.icns.zip
    198.2 KB · Views: 202
Can I still join? MSI Laptop!

MSI.png

Hi all

trying to change data in About This Mac (on Mojave 10.14.3) but facing following issue:
com.apple.SystemProfiler.plist just goes back to its original state or completely disappears from Preferences after restart
so no changes to About this Mac happens
Did any face the same issue and what can be a solution?
thx

Hi all

trying to change data in About This Mac (on Mojave 10.14.3) but facing following issue:
com.apple.SystemProfiler.plist just goes back to its original state or completely disappears from Preferences after restart
so no changes to About this Mac happens
Did any face the same issue and what can be a solution?
thx

Did you COPY (not move) the file to the desktop before you mod it? (And then copy and replace the "original")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back