Contribute
Register

Mod About This Mac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry - Lion is before my time. I never changed anything in Mountain Lion onward either. Why do you feel compelled to make non physical memory changes?

Sorry - Lion is before my time. I never changed anything in Mountain Lion onward either. Why do you feel compelled to make non physical memory changes?
For the same reason I made the same change to the amount of RAM in the About Mac section.
Purely for cosmetic reasons, but I like to do things properly, hence my frustration that I can't find this info.

I do not know how to how to change RAM information in the way that you seek. The best advice I can give is if you have not already done so is to read through every comment on this thread to see if anyone has left any relevant information to assist you. It is an old thread now as you are aware - so getting replies can be difficult.

Thanks for creating this guide.

However, anyone know how to mod the info in Sierra?

I can change the system logo, the model and year. But unable to locate and change the CPU, memory, graphic info. Million thanks in advance!

Hi, I am curious about how to change the system name and year in Sierra? Could you point me in the right direction?

What field do I edit if I want to mod my processor on an ACTUAL Macbook? When doing it on unknown it works for Hackintosh computers, but for instance I have a 2008 unibody on El Capitan and I'd like to change the processor to say something catchy to make light of the fact it's a core 2 machine. Since it is an actual Macbook, using unknown processor doesn't work.

How can I edit the built in display image on my laptop? I tried replacing com.apple.macbookpro13-unibody.icns in /S/L/Coreservices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources with no luck.

My SMBIOS is MacBookPro8,1 so it should work. IDK what I'm doing wrong. I just want to customize the built in display, nothing else.

Cheers!

I FINALLY figured out how to edit our graphics on Sierra, the file is in

/Applications/Utilities/System Information.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/SPInfo.strings

Look for this:

<key>DISP_GFX_MAIN</key>
<string>%@ %@ </string>

Delete %@ %@ and replace with any name for example if you want it to show Iris graphics it would like like this:

<key>DISP_GFX_MAIN</key>
<string>Intel Iris 1536 MB</string>

Save the file. Also of note in order to save the file in Sierra you must boot into Recovery and disable SIP. to do this while booting up hold command + R. once in recovery open up terminal and type csrutil disable and restart.

Can still be done in High Sierra. Replacing the public.generic-lcd.icns in coretypes does not work though, but adding a file with the name shown in ATM does works.
Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 6.45.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 6.45.21 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back