Contribute
Register

Mod About This Mac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found the folder, now when i try to drag it back to the original file where its saved...it blocks me out on putting it back inside. It shows the a circle with a diagonal line across it like the picture above.

Any reason why? and how to avoid it?

Thanks

Attachments

• blop.jpg
    blop.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 384
  • circle-with-diagonal-line-inside_318-70232.jpeg
    circle-with-diagonal-line-inside_318-70232.jpeg
    5.9 KB · Views: 662
Here are some monitor graphics for you guys. You can put any screen you want in it, then use img2icns to make files

Have fun!

Attachments

• Apple 24-27 Display.zip
    10.1 MB · Views: 141
I know this post is 3 years old, but seriously, you (king13p) are awesome,

I'm assume editing CPU name only applicable with socket 2011 CPU which is called "Unknown" by OSX. Rest of i7 using sandy-ivy-haswell won't change, since OSX known these CPU and still read them properly as "4 Core Intel i5/i7" . Maybe same as for non-2011 Xeon CPU, they still read as "4 Core Intel i5/i7" since they actually similar with standar 1155-1150 core i5/i7. Just my though, CMIIW.

I just did a clean install of OS X 10.11.1, and I'm trying get everything customized again. Unfortunately, when I tried to edit Localizable.strings file to change the name of one of my displays, I found that the Overrides folder is no longer there.

Does anyone know where it might have been moved or if there's a new file I can edit to change the name of my monitor?

163637-display-override.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I've found the folder, now when i try to drag it back to the original file where its saved...it blocks me out on putting it back inside. It shows the a circle with a diagonal line across it like the picture above.

Any reason why? and how to avoid it?

Thanks

In El Capitan it Called "SIP", you can disable it

in terminal when you boot from usb, for example "csrutil disable"

How can i change the Name and the Year in Yosemite 10.10.5?
Greets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back