Contribute
Register

Mobo with H370 chipset will WORK or NOT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac
CPU
i5
I read the new Buyer’s Guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/may/2018/
And I was happy, because I found new motherboards (with H370) on the list with other chipset like Z370. This Mobo’s are a little bit cheaper.

My dream hackintosh is:
CPU - Intel Core i5-8400 OR Intel Core i3-8100
MOBO - Gigabyte H370M D3H - alternative with Z370 chipset: Asrock Z370M Pro4 (doesn’t on the recommended list, but it’s the same: Asrock Z370 Pro4 )
RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400 (gray)

Graphics Card
- None, just the integrated UHD630
Maybe: WiFi Card - TP-LINK AC1300

My question is:
Can I install High Sierra to Mobo with H370 chipset?
Because everybody has problem with H370, for example:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/cant-reach-installer-with-a-h370-gaming-gigabyte-mobo.250066/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-h370-ud3-problems.249773/

Does anyone have any success with H370 mobos? Because I don’t find any success information.

Dear trs96,

Thank's for your quick response.
I don't know which is better solution?
I'm waiting a few weeks and after i buy H370 OR just pay more for Z370?

Another question.
It is possible the MSI board's has some limitation about DVMT Pre-Allocated memory.
I read on another forum that:
"... BIOS on this motherboard has a DVMT Pre-Allocated limitation of 64MB which is too low to run macOS High Sierra over integrated graphics. To get around this IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup is used to increase the DVMT Pre-Allocated to 128MB, which will allow High Sierra to boot up. ..."

Dear trs96,

Thank's for your quick response.
I don't know which is better solution?
I'm waiting a few weeks and after i buy H370 OR just pay more for Z370?

Another question.
It is possible the MSI board's has some limitation about DVMT Pre-Allocated memory.
I read on another forum that:
"... BIOS on this motherboard has a DVMT Pre-Allocated limitation of 64MB which is too low to run macOS High Sierra over integrated graphics. To get around this IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup is used to increase the DVMT Pre-Allocated to 128MB, which will allow High Sierra to boot up. ..."

If the DVMT Pre-Alloc is limited, it is possible to work around it by using this kext. There are other ways to work around it but I find this to be the most simple.

Also, as far as I know, H370 uses a different Device ID for USB so make sure you use the latest version of USBInjectAll.kext.

I am the other guy :)
Sleep is being super weird, sometimes it works, sometimes it reboots... I'm losing my mind over this
Regarding DVMT Pre-Alloc: I cannot set it to higher than 64MB, but iGPU still works and I can enter 10.13 with only the iGPU running - without the DVMT Fixup kext.

If the DVMT Pre-Alloc is limited, it is possible to work around it by using this kext. There are other ways to work around it but I find this to be the most simple.

Also, as far as I know, H370 uses a different Device ID for USB so make sure you use the latest version of USBInjectAll.kext.

Thank' s for your answer.
I was thinking a lot about Mobo and i see it has a price difference what is maximum 20% between Z370 and H370.
It has more experience with Z370 chipset Mobo, for example: https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/user-builds.28/
Maybe i buy GB Z370M-D3H for i5-8400.

I am the other guy :)
Sleep is being super weird, sometimes it works, sometimes it reboots... I'm losing my mind over this
Regarding DVMT Pre-Alloc: I cannot set it to higher than 64MB, but iGPU still works and I can enter 10.13 with only the iGPU running - without the DVMT Fixup kext.

Thank you for writing your experience with H370.
I hope your sleeping problem is solving.
Where did you try to set DVMT Pre-Alloc Memory size? in BIOS?

Yes, in BIOS 64MB works. More breaks the boot process of MacOS.
I'm getting closer to fix the sleep problem, I think it's NVRAM, which needs to be emulated for either H370 systems or my Gigabyte board. For now sleep works if I emulate NVRAM.

Yes, in BIOS 64MB works. More breaks the boot process of MacOS.
I'm getting closer to fix the sleep problem, I think it's NVRAM, which needs to be emulated for either H370 systems or my Gigabyte board. For now sleep works if I emulate NVRAM.

Super.
Have you any other problem (don't working function) with H370 chipset Mobo?

Pastrychef,

Do you have any work arounds for the dreaded Circle Slash Prohibitory symbol when installing macOS (from a USB drive) on an ASUS H370M Plus system? Get about 70-80% through the white progress bar then it freezes on the Prohibit symbol. In verbose mode text becomes garbled to the point of being unreadable - not even worth posting!

Tried all of the different USB 2.0 ports and added recent USBInjectAll.kext to kexts/other - still freezes at 70-80%.

Was able to boot the same ASUS H370 mobo into HS from a SSD swapped out from another Hackintosh, so the board seems to be basically functional although there were problems with sleep/restart/shutdown.

Any thoughts on the Circle Slash Prohibitory symbol would be appreciated. TIA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back