i7-7700k LGA1151
Graphics
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1060 SSC
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have followed the installation instructions for upgrading from High Sierra from Sierra. However, when I begin the install process, my system restarts and makes it to the BIOS screen but "errors out" every time. The mobo display shows an "AE" error every time and the screen stays black.

In order to move past this, I have to restart the machine. When I do this, it takes me to the Clover screen. From here, if I choose to boot from the Install location, the cycle starts over and I am stuck at the mobo error code and have to manually restart again. If I choose to boot from the Mac OS X drive, it allows me to open back up using Sierra and continue using the system without problem...only I still can't install the OS update.

Any thoughts on how to get past this?

UPDATE: I installed a fresh version of Clover directly onto my Mac OS X SSD and now the system moves past the original issue. However, now I'm continuing to reboot over and over, never making it past ~40% on the load screen. Once it gets to ~40%, the system reboots again. This cycle continues and never progresses further. I've allowed it to repeat the process, looking to see if it would ever advance, for approx 1 hour but no luck.

Thoughts?

In my BIOS, under the CSM settings, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th boot options were set to Legacy Only. I changed them to UEFI and tried the install again. BOOM! Mission accomplished...FINALLY. And it only took 5 weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back