Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 F8 i5 2500K HD 6870 Triple Monitor Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! I'm trying to install High Sierra, but getting no entry sign every time after it loads. I’m running a Gigabyte H67MA-USB3 motherboard the same setup as Moarfish. Any advice or help please.

I've installed High Sierra recently but faces Random Freeze. It was very stable in Sierra.

Trying to Solve Random Crashes
Adding these two patches in to the config.plist in clover

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>fix I/O error for ICH10</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
RYX2D5XCiciD4P5mhcl4D4TSdQs=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
iciD4P5mhckPmMFBCMyQkJCQdQs=
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>fix I/O error for ICH10</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
icglQGACAD1AIAAAdQyB4b9///+Ji1EBAAA=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
kJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJA=
</data>
</dict>

Did it help?
I am getting USBMSC Identifier error with this Mobo :(

Can you tell more in detail about the issue?
The patch above fix my random system freezing and error of the notification pops up saying one of my harddrive is uninitialized.
It fix the bug of the new AppleAHCIPort.kext which do not support older AHCI controller problem.

Hi,
I just upgraded from Yosemite to Sierra. I used Moarfish's set up (Thanks!) and no problems except for no USB 3.0 and couldn't wake up after the computer went to sleep.

Before in all my setups up to Yosemite, I was able to get 3 monitors, DP with adapter, DVI and HDMI but I had to use Kudzu framebuffer. Duckweed only gave me 2 monitors. Only thing that I noticed before is that using Kudzu, my card read 6xxx but it worked fine.

With the new set up using Sierra, right after the installation I only got 2 monitors. I supposed this is due to the ATI inject using Duckweed. I downloaded Clover Configurator and changed it to Kudzu. Restarted and after a few mins it froze then auto restarted. I removed Kudzu but still the same problem. Had to reinstall. (did this a few times trying different framebuffers)

For the sleep issue, I tried darkwake 0 (as suggested in some other posts) using Clover Configurator and after restarting it also froze and auto restarted.
It seems any changes I make in Clover Configurator causes my computer to freeze after a few mins then it just restarts. For now as long as I don't use CC, so far so good except for the sleep issue and USB 3.0.
Any advice on Clover Configurator, USB 3.0 and the sleep issue is most welcomed and appreciated. Thanks!

UPDATE:

I installed clover efi bootloader. Tried changing the plist (chameleon) to kudzu to get my 3 monitors going. Didn't work. Only thing it changed was the gui (now clover boot manager) when logging in. Then I installed clover configurator again. Changed the framebuffer to Kudzu. This time it worked. No freezing and shutdowns. Got my 3 monitors working. Card reads as 6xxx like before but all 3 monitors are good now. Don't really know what happen but it's working now.
Only issue now is no USB 3.0 and I forgot to mention in my last post, slow boot up. Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi guys! I'm trying to install High Sierra, but getting no entry sign every time after it loads. I’m running a Gigabyte H67MA-USB3 motherboard the same setup as Moarfish. Any advice or help please.
Hi, I've solved the issue in this strange way, on two different SSD disks, Samsung EVO and Crucial:
after installing following this points:
  1. Create UniBeast USB drive with Legacy Boot and ATI Inject (If you got Radeon Display ) or Nvidia like me.
  2. Install macOS Sierra, formatting whit journaled
  3. Boot from USB again and boot Sierra
  4. Run MultiBeast, select QuickStart Legacy Boot, ALC889, RealtekRTL9111 v2.0 and Inject ATI (for ATI cards, or Nvidia for Nvidia, etc.)
  5. Disable USB3 in BIOS
  6. Boot Sierra, but Clover doesn't get any entries.
Then reboot whit UniBeast USB, launch MultiBeast and install only Clover UEFI Boot Mode.
reboot without USB, Clover recognizes all partition, and the OS boots and is very stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back