Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork, :) the HDMI audio option in MultiBeast worked fine, never the less, the problem with 10.10 to 10.10.1 upgrade freezing remains.

Back to theDrawing board (actually waiting for somebody to figure out this)

Thanks again.

Clean Install 10.10.1 with the same Multibeast settings WORKS!!.
Dont' know why it freeze with AppStore update from 10.10 to 10.10.1.

Moarfish,

talking about combo updater, I understand it is only released on versions .02 onward.

So when you said it worked with the Combo Updater...
do you mean download the file OSXUpd10.10.1.dmg from apple support, using the link provided on the OS X 10.10.1 Update page here at Tonymacx86.com?

Sorry for asking, but it's been a while since I used a Combo Update...

Thanks in advance for all your help on this.

Maximo

Moarfish,

talking about combo updater, I understand it is only released on versions .02 onward.

So when you said it worked with the Combo Updater...
do you mean download the file OSXUpd10.10.1.dmg from apple support, using the link provided on the OS X 10.10.1 Update page here at Tonymacx86.com?

Sorry for asking, but it's been a while since I used a Combo Update...

Thanks in advance for all your help on this.

Maximo

Yes. this is exactly what I mean.
The Appstore update will start after the first reboot but we freeze there.
If we download the updater instead of the App Store update, it should be installing the update before restart. That's why I think it may work.

However, I have not try it out as I turn out clear install the system instead and it is a success. At least we now know that the system could run on 10.10.1 without problem.

If you are trying to use the updater method, please report back if it works or not. Thanks.

I tried using the Combo Update last night:
I downloaded and executed it on my OSX 10.10, this system was updated from 10.9.4, so this is not a clean Yosemite install.

The update ran in 2 seconds, then asked to reboot, I click OK (or something else to continue with the reboot)
So the real installation began , just like the normal AppleStore Installation, it took a couple of minutes for the blue installation bar to reach the end, then it finally rebooted.

When the bar wen 30% it just died again :(

Should I run multibeast and check -10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform rollback? That worked with my GA-Z68XP-UD3 when installing 10.10

Or should Delete some USB driver? I think you mentioned something like that before.

I will play a little more with it

Finally it Worked!!! :) I updated my GA-B75M-D3H to 10.10.1

When I was booting for the 24th time after 10.10.1 update, I booted with -v to see the log

I saw it freezed just after trying to mount an NTFS partition that was on a SSD with Win7, I've installed the SSD just 2 weeks ago, I know...Windows 7.

Any way, then I remembered an article about Trim Enabler and SSD drives.
So I tried with MultiBeast 7.1 just after the update but before booting into 10.10.1( using another partition with OSX 10.10) with these options:

- Check -> Trim Enabler
- Uncheck -> USB 3.0 (not sure if this helped)

Interesting Note: I need the TRIM just for this mother board, because I've already updated my GA-Z68XP-UD3 to 10.10.1 and that system has 2 SSDs (Win7 and OSX) I've installed a month ago and I didn't need the TRIM enabler there :|

Any how, it worked, I hope this can help.

I installed Yosemite today and most things work perfectly, but I can't make the OS see my ethernet port. I don't understand why since so many people have got this motherboard. I tried different kexts and nothing. When I tried using the Studio EFI method it said it could`t find the device (ethernet). I'm pretty disappointed, and can't find a solution that works for me. A pity since everything else is working fine. Has anyone been through this?

Hi Giufma,

Ik had a similar problem. I could connect to the App Store.
The computer didn't recognize the ethernet card.

The following solution worked for me:
1. Open the terminal
2. type sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
3. Enter your computer password
4. Reboot your system

Don't know this will work for you but it worked for me.

Good luck.

Hi,

I've updated this build from 10.10 to 10.10.2. I used the app store updater with no problems.
Everything including HDMI audio seems to work perfectly.

I had the system hang about 30% when updating to 10.10.2. I had the same issue reported in here when going to 10.10.1 as well. No luck with boots flags, had to reinstall last time, so I was going to try clover this time. Created a Clover boot USB as per Tony's guide, when I booted off the Clover USB it game me the option to launch my existing Yosemite from the boot menu. Started OS X from there and it booted right up, ran multibeast checking trim enabler, repaired permissions, restarted, and it booted right up. (Still had to install the sound kext after)

Looks like it is an issue with the trim as mentioned on here before. Clover might fix this issue for future updates, but since everything is working right now, and I'm not to familiar with clover, I'm not going to install clover yet. Hope this helps anyone else having this problem from having to do a complete install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back