Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the method we recommend - see Post #2.

In case anyone is interested in upgrading to 10.9.2, I just did it and it went well except for one hiccup.

1) Repaired permissions.
2) Downloaded combo update, installed, and rebooted.
3) At this point, the menu bar was grey instead of white and the icon for the apple menu had disappeared.
4) Reinstalled sound driver.
4) Repaired Permissions again.
5) Rebooted, still no fix in the menu bar.
6) Booted into unibeast with UseKernalCache=No.

This fixed everything.

In case anyone is interested in upgrading to 10.9.2, I just did it and it went well except for one hiccup.

1) Repaired permissions.
2) Downloaded combo update, installed, and rebooted.
3) At this point, the menu bar was grey instead of white and the icon for the apple menu had disappeared.
4) Reinstalled sound driver.
4) Repaired Permissions again.
5) Rebooted, still no fix in the menu bar.
6) Booted into unibeast with UseKernalCache=No.

This fixed everything.

Volsmd99 - Do you use USB 3.0 sockets on the Motherboard with USB 3.0 drives? Was wondering if you do and have any write speed issues? I either got a problem with my USB 3.0 sockets or my USB 3.0 drive? Trying to figure out which is the problem?

Spang1974

Unfortunately, I don't have any USB 3.0 drives to test the ports (which function normally with any other USB devices).

Thanks for the reply:) Was hoping someone with the same board could verify they still have USB 3.0 write speeds. I'd be happy with USB 2.0 speeds but dont even get that unless I use the USB 2.0 ports. I'm gonna install 10.8.5 (which I know worked) to a spare drive and work my way up through the upgrades on the same drive to see when I lose the write speeds. I'm gonna swap drive cables as well just to be sure it's not them.

Spang1974

Just an update....

GA-B75M-D3P I5 3570K, 16GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840Pro SSD, 2 x 3TB HD's, Intel Graphics
1 3TB USB 3.0 Hard Drive

only mountain lion install was getting flaky. time for clean install of mavericks....

Did a clean install of mavericks.... Multi-beast settings below...

Most people don't seem to load the HWMonitor APP and plugins too bad.... Its a very cool app. (see my screen shot)

Everything seems to work fine except iMessage which I need to fix.

Sleep, Sound on HDMI, Realtek Sound, LAN, APP Store are working great.

used mac migration assistant to migrate the apps and data and it worked very well.

Everything is looking solid.

Thanks as always folks....

BTW I was having lunch at Lunch at LYFE in Palo Alto yesterday and Tim Cook was chilling two table down. The funniest thing was he was still using an iPad 1.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-13 at 10.36.29 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-13 at 10.36.29 AM.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 312
  • SEan1.mb
    5.7 KB · Views: 89
Wondering if anyone has attempted to install Yosemite. I might give it a shot this weekend.

Yep, it seems to install OK.
Struggling with iMessage, but had that problem with Mavericks as well....
Noticed that the mute button on the apple keyboard works now - this never worked on previous OS versions with this hack.

Good luck with the install!

I have successfully upgrade to Yosemite, so just wanted to share it with you.

Steps:

1. Followed steps from http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast.html

2. When came to MultiBeast, I have used following settings:

Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 22.09.17.png

IMPORTANT: Boot Options -> Kext Dev Mode (solves boot issue)

3. Delete from /System/Library/Extensions GenericUSBXHCI.kext (in order to solve USB issues). Note that for same reason, no USB 3.0 has been selected in MultiBeast.

4. In Yosemite, sound did not work until I have changed Sound Output to "Internal Speakers”

5. My TP Link TL-WN781ND (AR9285) could not find any WiFi networks, so I needed to find new kext.. (let me know if you need help with find it).

Troubleshooting:
1. Slow shut down
Reason: Old Parallels installation left some files in LaunchDaemons folder
Solution: deleted com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon.plist from /Library/LaunchDaemons

That's it!

Good luck, hope this could be helpful..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back