Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. Firstly thanks to this thread and all the information provided via the Tony Mac website and forums.

This was my 4th hackintosh build and it went swimmingly. The only problem I am getting is my ethernet connection keeps dropping out, and when it does the only way to re connect to the internet is to restart the whole machine. (I have tried changing DNS/IP details, tried rebooting the modem but still the same issue) Very strange how the only remedy is a total system restart. I dont have a WIFI card and as I am so close to the modem it would be pointless.

Anyone had any similar problems or can help me out?

Appreciated,
Luke

I think you misunderstood me, I wanted to know if there is something additionally to do with the power management in osx to make the CPU work as under Windows.

Greetings

muelleimer98

I think you misunderstood me, I wanted to know if there is something additionally to do with the power management in osx to make the CPU work as under Windows.

Greetings

muelleimer98

Correct power management is easy to achieve using Gigabyte motherboards and Intel Ivy Bridge CPU hardware and the software on this site. There are work arounds for other manufacture's motherboards. Some other CPU socket and motherboard configurations do not have full power management support.

If you are meaning sidestepping then ask here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/86906-ssdt-generation-script-ivybridge-pm-49.html

Adrian B

...I wanted to know if there is something additionally to do with the power management in osx to make the CPU work as under Windows...
No. The techniques described in this forum deal only with OS X techniques. Unfortunately, since I don't use Windoze, I can't refer you another site with the information you're requesting.

HELP - installed again with ML 10.8.4 and Messages is no longer working

Hi,

I have a similar setup like Moarfish and was able to get it to work before with 10.8.2 (I think). After a couple update from Apple, Messages app is no longer working. I tried several instructions including creating new Apple ID, re-install Chimera but none of them seems to work. I then re-installing ML 10.8.4 with the same issue. Out of desperation, I went into BIOS and enabled the built-in ethernet ( I used the TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 for internet since the router is far away) and installed the driver for it w/o connecting it to the router. That seems to fix the Messages app issue, but now the network would drop after a few mins and I can't get out to the internet or access the LAN. Anybody ran into this issue ? or has solution that would be great.
Thanks,

TTB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back