Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys, thanks for the lovely info on the built.

Moarfish build spec is the exact mobo I am looking at.

Thanks so much

I am consolidating my hardware now.

Hopefully can update you guys too on my built soon.

cheers

Hi, I'm planning to build a similar spec'ed machine, perhaps with b75m-d3p which is now down to £50 on Amazon.co.uk.

One question I couldn't find discussed anywhere in this thread, does iMessage work with your build?

Thanks.

Joobuzz,

My build is almost identical to Moarfish's, and I unfortunately was logged out of imessage and now stuck with it. Has anyone who needed it, ever applied the imessage fix with this motherboard? if anyone has been successful I would appreciate any help getting my imessage back up? Help booting using clover or chameleon?

I have asked elswhere for help so apologies if this is a duplicate post in some regards, just cannot seem to get this fixed.

Thanks for the help. I can get loaded into Chameleon Menu, and boot, but hangs at:

"vboxadpdrv: version 4.1.8 r75467"

I can boot no problems with my unibeast usb/install key.

Looks like my system stalls at the apple logo and spinning wheel. When using verbose it hangs at the above line...unless it takes 10+ minutes to boot (as it hangs and does not boot). I wouldn't say that was normal and unless I am being impatient. I get the same result with clover. I can boot no problems with my unibeast usb/install/chimera key. I currently boot using PCIRootUID=0 with the unibeast usb to boot with no problems.

Please bear in mind, the system hangs and does not boot when using Clover as well. I have never installed my bootloader on my system as it boots fine with the unibeast/Chimera USB stick and do not wish to risk installing until I am 100% confident of keeping my system stable:)

Components
Apple OS X Snow Leopard DVD 10.6.3 @ Apple Store
Apple OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 @ Mac Apps Store
GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX
Intel Core i3 3225 Processor 3.3 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155
Corsair 8 GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
Hitachi SATA 3GB/s 180GB Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s 1TB Hard Drive
Asus EN210 GF 210 1gb WXGA+ 1440 X 900
Philips Lite-On DH-24ABS62B
Belkin Blue Tooth Adaptor F8T016

Already Owned
Dell Dimension 5100 Case (Heavily Modded)
Acer 19" V193W LCD Monitor
Bluetooth Ipad Keyboard
Bluetooth Mouse

Please wait for the new Chimera to fix the iMessage.

Joobuzz,

My build is almost identical to Moarfish's, and I unfortunately was logged out of imessage and now stuck with it. Has anyone who needed it, ever applied the imessage fix with this motherboard? if anyone has been successful I would appreciate any help getting my imessage back up? Help booting using clover or chameleon?

Spang1974,

You seem to imply that iMessage was working at some point in the past, but you somehow managed to accidently logout? I still haven't spent money on components yet (need to prob spent £150 on b75m-d3p and i3-3225, have mostly everything else from old pc, apart from ML), and really don't want to spend money without being relatively confident I can get the system up and running as close to full OSX experience as possible.

Moarfish, has the iMessage fix you mention in forthcoming Chimera update been mentioned elsewhere on this site, or how do you know it on the way. Also why do you think it's working for you but not for Spang1974?

Many thanks, I'm a real newbie here but trying to take it all in.

hey
i have this motherboard GA-B75M-D3H

i need the sound kexts and the onboard video kexts or 7200gs kexts ( with 1920x1080 resolution ! )
do you help me ?

Snow Leopard 10.6.8 installed .
( yes ... i purchase Mountain Lion ... )

thanks !!!

Spang1974,

You seem to imply that iMessage was working at some point in the past, but you somehow managed to accidently logout? I still haven't spent money on components yet (need to prob spent £150 on b75m-d3p and i3-3225, have mostly everything else from old pc, apart from ML), and really don't want to spend money without being relatively confident I can get the system up and running as close to full OSX experience as possible.

Moarfish, has the iMessage fix you mention in forthcoming Chimera update been mentioned elsewhere on this site, or how do you know it on the way. Also why do you think it's working for you but not for Spang1974?

Many thanks, I'm a real newbie here but trying to take it all in.

Joobuzz,

I didn't manage to accidentally logout, imessage had no issues until mid dec 2012 and I logged out not realising what a pain it would be to get imessage working ever again. I would suggest trying Chameleon or Clover fix before you give up. Unfortunately I cant get my system to boot using those boot loaders and nobody has been able to help me yet. I have no idea if I will ever be able to boot up using any other method than the one I am using at this time, so for me it means no iMessage:( The rest of the hardware is great, I have sound, graphics, bluetooth, USB 3.0 etc all working. I dont ever put my system to sleep so I have not evenlooked into this and HDMI audio is just too much work for little benefit to myself. You will get loads of people suggesting other sites for help but i still find this one to be the most user friendly:)

Spang1974

hey
i have this motherboard GA-B75M-D3H

i need the sound kexts and the onboard video kexts or 7200gs kexts ( with 1920x1080 resolution ! )
do you help me ?

Snow Leopard 10.6.8 installed .
( yes ... i purchase Mountain Lion ... )

thanks !!!

Core i5 3330 comes with HD2500 graphic which is not supported for the onboard graphics.
Sound is included in Mulitbeast and follow the settings on the first post.
Search for 7200GS in the graphic section on this forum. I do not have this card.

Core i5 3330 comes with HD2500 graphic which is not supported for the onboard graphics.
Sound is included in Mulitbeast and follow the settings on the first post.
Search for 7200GS in the graphic section on this forum. I do not have this card.

i have snow leopard, you have mountain lion ...
the sound kext is the same ???

thanks for videocard advice´s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back