Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. i entered graphics settings and i got a msg telling me i must restart. i just got that once and never saw it again. anything important?

edit: the msg that told me i must restart happened again. it seems it happens randomly when i enter different settings of the computer. any idea?

Mac OS X do not ask for restart for Graphics Settings.
The restart message you got is it the Kernel Panic Screen?
Kernel_Panic-1p0f.png

Replace your Graphic Card with the one that works with Unibeast. For example, the cheapest GF 210.
Once you finish your installation and updated to 10.8.2,
Download this driver from Nvidia
http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html
Install it.

Switch back to your GTX660, boot with GraphicsEnabler=No.

Source from Tonymac86
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/73081-testing-thread-geforce-gtx-660-a.html
OMG...can I modify the USB Stick adding the driver to install with this card? Is it possible?

OMG...can I modify the USB Stick adding the driver to install with this card? Is it possible?

I don't know.

How about remove your HDD from your build and put inside your old HackMac in your signature. Install OSX 10.8.2 on it and the Nvidia Driver, then move it back to your new build.

Another suggestion,
Did you ever try to boot from your internal graphic? I know HD2500 is not supported, but I am not sure if it can run by compatible mode without acceleartion just to get through the installation process.
You can try to remove your GTX660 card, plug your monitor to the internal graphic and try to run the USB thumb drive with both default setting or try GraphicsEnabler=No. See if you could get into the setup screen. I did not try it before. I always recommend to buy 3570K or 3770K for the best compatibility.

I don't know.

How about remove your HDD from your build and put inside your old HackMac in your signature. Install OSX 10.8.2 on it and the Nvidia Driver, then move it back to your new build.
You're a genius man!!! I think I love you! lol
Now i'm working under Windows on this build but i'll try as soon as possible!

I got it works!!!
I tried to install with integrated card and it works! I installed the System very quickly thanks to my SSD, downloaded and installed ComboUpdate 10.8.2 and Official NVidia Graphics Divers, selected the right settings in MultiBeast (as yours shown in the first post plus "GraphicsEnabler=No"); after the first reboot I've reinstalled the GTX and boot again: everything fine! Now is even not necessary to disable the integrated graphics card it into the BIOS, system boots up very quickly and is very responsive. Very Awesome!

Thank you very much for your support!

Here there is a screenshot of my baby and the result of NovaBench Test :D

Attachments

• Schermata 2013-02-01 alle 00.05.19.jpg
    Schermata 2013-02-01 alle 00.05.19.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 455
  • Schermata 2013-02-01 alle 10.51.31.png
    Schermata 2013-02-01 alle 10.51.31.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 222
According to the first post:

- Display HD4000 : Working, DVI works, HDMI works, but VGA failed. Dual Display setup with DVI + HDMI possible.

So...try using DVI or HDMI instead of VGA. You can buy a DVI to VGA adapter if your monitor doesn't have DVI port.

Apple's OS X does not support VGA natively. You need to use DVI and/or HDMI for the motherboard Intel Integrated Graphics.

If your monitor only supports VGA connections, you will need to get either a new monitor (ouch!) or a DVI to VGA adapter cable. If you get the adapter cable make use it's a DVI to VGA, not a VGA to DVI; the product description should describe the adapter's capability.

B75M-D3H got DVI-D port not DVI-I port which means it got digital output only. You cannot use a regular DVI-I to VGA Adaptor as it will just not working.
You will need an active DVI-D to VGA cable which is more expensive.

I would recommend upgrade your Monitor with DVI input instead.

Another option is to install a GF210 display card which is cheap and got VGA port working.

According to the first post:

- Display HD4000 : Working, DVI works, HDMI works, but VGA failed. Dual Display setup with DVI + HDMI possible.

So...try using DVI or HDMI instead of VGA. You can buy a DVI to VGA adapter if your monitor doesn't have DVI port.

Good Quote iMonz. This is not the first time someone asking about the VGA port. Is that my instruction not clear enough?
In addition to the quote above, I have also crossed out the VGA port in the ports layout image as well, but they still try to plug the VGA port in. I wonder..

fOKIJ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back