Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

This is my system:

GA-B75M-D3H rev 1.1
i3-3225
8GB G.Skill
some old 160gb sata hd

I used unibeast with 10.8.2 to install, and it works but I can only get 1024x768 resolution. I can use VGA or HDMI (can't use DVI, maybe a problem with my old monitor) and either way I only get this 1024x768.

I used multibeast 5.2.1 then 5.0.2 for the audio.

I did the Graphics Mode = 1920x1080x32 thing in the org.chameleon.bool.plist but no change.

I followed the install instructions here. My graphics card is only recognized as graphics 64mb shared system or something like that.

I kept reading in this thread that VGA doesn't work on the HD 4000, but for me it's fine (except the resolution), why is that?

I haven't spent much time yet, some things I might try:
1. try different bios (I'm on F13g)
2. install to GPT drive (I replaced OSinstall files on install USB so I could install to MBR drive)
3. install 10.8.0 or 10.8.1 then update

any thing else I might try?

1,2,3 have nothing to do with it....
You are running in VESA mode that is why you are in fixed mode graphics.
Quartz is not working.
You are not using OS X graphics but VESA.
Apple does not have drivers for VGA.

Why are you using two different versions of Multi Beast ?
What did you select ?

No where did you mention Graphics Enabler.
That should be set to no.
Multi Beast defaults to Yes. Yes does not work.

What Graphics settings did you use in Bios ?

sweet I got the 1920x1080 resolution. I thought about what Potemkin said and ditched the VGA and reinstalled only using HDMI. I had to use my TV for that which is why I didn't do it initially. My computer screen only has VGA & DVI and I can't get the DVI to work, even with my HDMI to DVI adapter.

I used the settings from page 1 with multibeast 5.2.1 except for the audio, I then ran multibeast 5.0.2 and only chose the audio. From what I've read this is necessary for running 10.8.2.

At that point I still had only 1024x768. I changed the Graphics Enabler to No, rebooted, no change. I added the Graphics Mode 1920x1080x32, and finally had full HD resolution! Still though there were no options to change resolution and the graphics card was not identified in "about my mac". Finally changed graphics enabler back to yes and now I have full resolution, the graphics card is correctly identified, and I can change resolution and adjust other settings.

The only video problem now is overscan, the screen is cropped on all sides, the menu bar at the top is not visible at all. There don't appear to be any settings on my TV to adjust this, I'm googling this now...
'

Good at least you have some progress.
Cropping problem might be solved in Display Preferences.
Try setting overscan on that panel.
I had a Lion and a ML install that kept doing this sporadically.
I would have to switch that setting back and forth occasionally.
Eventually it just stopped doing this.

It is strange that DVI does not work.
Have you ever tried card in Windows ?
You could try adapters.
With what you have now , a male hdmi to DVI would hook up monitor.
A DVI to female HDMI might hook up your TV to DVI output.

I had problems with my graphics card as well. I used a GT 9800 and only the DVI would work- no HDMI or VGA. I ended up getting a GT 640 because I wanted to use HDMI, and it works. What card are you using?

I use the GT 640.
Use that .
It works OOB with Apple drivers.
There is an article on site how by 10.8.2 Apple fully supports this card.

great, finally found the setting in my tv to set the hdmi signal to dot-to-dot, for the first time ever text is crisp when connecting a computer via hdmi. I was a bit shocked when I first got the tv at how awful computer text looked on it. Noticed the overscan then but didn't think too much about it. still can't figure out the dvi on the monitor, must be a problem of the monitor connection. I ordered a female dvi to male hdmi so I can test motherboard dvi with the tv, I want to make sure the motherboard dvi connection is ok.

Got my cheap TP-Link wn881nd working, now I'm gonna have to scrape up some cash for my first SSD!

7. Download the 10.8.2 Combo Updater from Apple Web Site, Install it. Don't Reboot yet.

Is this step 7 necessary if I recently downloaded Mountain Lion 8.2 from the App store?

Thanks

Is this step 7 necessary if I recently downloaded Mountain Lion 8.2 from the App store?

Thanks
No, if "recently" means since the Combo came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back