Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm installing a fresh copy of Big sur, I'll attempt it without the GTX760 installed.

There is no option for MacOS preboot. Should there be?
If you are installing a fresh copy of MacOS probably will only see MacOS install. After install is complete should see MacOS Preboot.

There should be an option for both MacOS Preboot and MacOS if you are using my EFI. Sometimes Preboot can be hidden in Clover - Gui- Hide Volume -Preboot.

Attached is an updated Clover EFI with Smbios Imac 14.4. It works on iMac 14.4 not 14.2 (outdated on Big Sur 11).

Attachments

• IMG20210106051326.jpg
    IMG20210106051326.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 111
Last edited:
I had success with Clover 5.1 5127 and Open Core 0.6.4 on Big Sur 11.1 on GA B75M D3H. SMBios uses iMac 19.1.

Full Graphics, sleep and sound work on both OpenCore and Clover.

@ebaymic60,

Could you please check your Big Sur configurations (iMac19.1 and iMac14.4) for DRM
functionality in AppleTV and Quicktime player? Specifically, I'm interested in whether
you can stream protected mpeg4 files (such as LooneyTunes cartoon) or first download
and then play a protected mpeg4 file, or stream an HLS video file (such as Charlie Brown
movie).

Some users reported that iMac19 DRM works in BS with com.apple.AppleGVA defaults
set, but it doesn't work for me with HD4000 graphics handling the IQSV functions. I'm
wondering if I could get it working with your iMac14.4 SMBIOS or HD4000 settings.

Thanks in advance for your help.

@ebaymic60,

Could you please check your Big Sur configurations (iMac19.1 and iMac14.4) for DRM
functionality in AppleTV and Quicktime player? Specifically, I'm interested in whether
you can stream protected mpeg4 files (such as LooneyTunes cartoon) or first download
and then play a protected mpeg4 file, or stream an HLS video file (such as Charlie Brown
movie).

Some users reported that iMac19 DRM works in BS with com.apple.AppleGVA defaults
set, but it doesn't work for me with HD4000 graphics handling the IQSV functions. I'm
wondering if I could get it working with your iMac14.4 SMBIOS or HD4000 settings.

Thanks in advance for your help.
I do not use AppleTV or Quicktime player for Digital Protected video. I cannot help with that problem.

I do not use AppleTV or Quicktime player for Digital Protected video. I cannot help with that problem.
I believe you can get a free account and/or free downloads on AppleTV, so it seems that it shouldnt
be hard to check.

I believe you can get a free account and/or free downloads on AppleTV, so it seems that it shouldnt
be hard to check.
Yes. Then they get your Credit card details. I suggest that you use Clover Configurator under Smbios change to desired setting.

If you are installing a fresh copy of MacOS probably will only see MacOS install. After install is complete should see MacOS Preboot.

There should be an option for both MacOS Preboot and MacOS if you are using my EFI. Sometimes Preboot can be hidden in Clover - Gui- Hide Volume -Preboot.

Attached is an updated Clover EFI with Smbios Imac 14.4. It works on iMac 14.4 not 14.2 (outdated on Big Sur 11).
Hi, I finally managed to get Big Sur installed, with the following Clover settings and then edited my Catalina Config with Quirks (image attached). Also changed system definition to MacPro 6,1. I used the serial and SmUUID from my Catalina config, iCloud and iMessage work fine.

Thanks for responses guys, it all helped!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 12.58.05.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 12.58.05.png
    241.2 KB · Views: 185
  • Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 12.58.15.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 12.58.15.png
    250 KB · Views: 173
  • Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 12.58.34.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 12.58.34.png
    261.7 KB · Views: 180
  • Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 13.02.43.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 13.02.43.png
    565.6 KB · Views: 179
I finally switched to OpenCore after 3 days of time figuring out the guide at Dortania.github.io..
it worth the time

The GTX 760 is not a problem in Big Sur, I have one in one of my builds.

The GTX 760 works in Big Sur but I'm having issues waking from sleep.

The machine goes into sleep no problem. But, when it wakes, the screen is blank. An ideas what is causing this?

I've tried changing the system def and darkwake settings but it doesn't make a difference. I have the latest Whatevergreen kext.

I have no sleep/wake issues when the card is removed.

Thanks

I have fixed my waking from sleep blank/black screen issue by disabling the Serial Port via the Bios.

Peripherals -> Super IO Configuration -> Serial Port A=Disabled and Serial Part B= Disabled

hey peeps, I got a new tv LG43 UM7400 4K IPS TV as my monitor,

I wonder which card could drive this beast in Mac OSX? I am currently running a gt 1030 using web driver , I only gives me 2560*1440@60hz via HDMI cable.

My work laptop, can drive the same monitor using a USB -C cable to HDMI @ 3840x2160 @60hz. So the LG 43 is working fine.

I wonder what did I miss at the Mac set up? I try using the alt key by pressing down scale, it does not give 3840x2160 option ...

Is there is card could work with Open Core and will be able to drive this beast TV as a 4k monitor?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back