Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
What guide are you following? The GTX 750 Ti isn't Mojave compatible
I'm using the direct update guide on this site.
I'm no longer using a 750 Ti, sig updated.

Any specific guide I should be following?

GA-B75M-D3H
i7 3770
8GB DDR3 Ram
Is it compatible with Mac OS Mojave?

So can Mojave load and perform well on this motherboard without get a new graphics card? I am using High Sierra with the Intel graphics and all is good. I don't have any open PCI slots for a new card as I have two audio cards installed into the PCIx slots.

Also, I updated to Clover 4961 from 4630, and I still have a lag between my BIOS and when Clover actually shows that it is scanning. Seems like the BIOS on the motherboard hangs for a bit then Clover fires up fine and boots High Sierra fast on my SSD.

Just updated to Catalina, but audio not working.
I took the plunge to Catalina yesterday and had the same issue with audio. Updated the Lilu and ALC, and followed the terminal commands here in Post 22.

I have this build (more or less; Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz, built in HD 4000, using a USB audio device because I was tired of restoring the onboard audio constantly). It's running High Sierra, and it's been a great workhorse. But now I need to hook up hardware (an HDMI input) that requires:
  • CPU:p i5-3400 or above; NB i7-3537U 2.0GHZ or above
  • Graphics card: PC NVIDIA GT630 or above; NC NVIDIA GT735M or above
I believe the -3400 (which I can't find, but let's assume they just meant to rule out the very first Ivy Bridge CPUs for some reason) lower limit means my -3570 will be just fine. No idea how the HD 4000 compares to the GT 630 though, for this application (a comparison site suggests the NVIDIA is faster, as expected, but it's not exponentially faster; https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compa...-vs-Intel-HD-4000-Desktop-115-GHz/m7766vs2169).

But that's one application. Other devices call for higher spec CPUs (later generations, etc).

Am I right in thinking the limiting factor for this board is the Intel LGA 1155/Socket H2 CPU socket, and that I'm limited to Ivy Bridge (3rd generation) processors, without gutting the system and redoing it?

Has anyone updated to BigSur?

I have managed to boot the installer, begin installation ... but after first reboot the system crashes at every boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back